• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: DHi Presents: Pokémon Forest Nature

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
Years
  • What was the old Beta's base? Also i like the new screenshots make me want this game even more XD

Patch it to a Gold version. Its the original Pokemon Nature though its in its starts. NOT the final version. I will probably release a version of that one later this year and make a thread for it but as for now just that. (since ive been seeing how this game has been asked by people on diff forums and even on youtube lol) i guess I can make it faster ;)

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • Hey man, it's great to have you back! Also to have a proper Rom hacker return to Pokecommunity.

For Pokemon Nature you might want to pop over to post it where a lot of RBGY GSC hackers have been hanging out recently, Twilight-Hacking, it's in my sig.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
  • Thanks for the tip I'll check it out soon.
    oh and as far as a few updates go. I managed to get a hold of some shots from the last beta.
    Since I was going over some suggestions, we had changed the first starter as I last remember into a penguin. Now I know we are still working on a better line, designs have been made but we havent fully finished spriting them, here is what was in the previous demo.
    pen1ij3.png
    pen2pj8.png
    pen3hy8.png

pen4vz8.png
    pen5aw4.png
    pen6jj7.png

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    Wow FN is actually back O.o. I've always loved this hack. The sprites are really nice. But hey are you planing on changing more tiles ? Well it really doesn't matter since gameplay must be really nice :P
    Keep up the good work.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • Wow FN is actually back O.o. I've always loved this hack. The sprites are really nice. But hey are you planing on changing more tiles ? Well it really doesn't matter since gameplay must be really nice :P
    Keep up the good work.

Tile changes have become boring now, thanks to the countless ROM bases. unless they are truly unique it's not worth putting them in.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
  • Wow FN is actually back O.o. I've always loved this hack. The sprites are really nice. But hey are you planing on changing more tiles ? Well it really doesn't matter since gameplay must be really nice :P
    Keep up the good work.
    I was going to change the way the towns looked and all but Im not sure if I wanna temper with the original idea of what I had for the hack. I mean sure it would look nicer but it would not be what I had intended to do in the first place.
    All I'm changing are the sprites (trainers, pkmns, overworld) as well as the events, maps, and working on redoing the intro but I wanna leave Forest Nature to its original plot that I had begun back in 05.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
  • Thanks, though I'm still not sure if Im gonna keep it as the starting base or change it as a regular pokemon. =\
    Side note: I'm still trying to figure out how the two other dragons will look like, the fire and the electric. I have both the Ice and the grass dragons down, and the grass dragon is the one debuting in the game, even though the storyline deals more with the ice and fire ;) but more on that later hehe
    any ideas? i'm taking ideas for now.
    So far Zestfrost has no legs just hands and has a long tail with crystal wings and is snakelike.
    As far as Naztrak goes, its a dragon like pokemon with six different wings and it has a rock type body.
    Im not sure where I wanna go for the other two though... ugh where is Kuru when I need him =\

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • Alright, Forest Nature's back!
    Good luck and keep up the good work KoBRe LaiR, I luck forward to playing this when it's complete.

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years

So im thinking I wanna put out a few shots of what I ended up doing for the maps, I reedited some of the previous maps and how they looked in the game but Im not sure if i will post the images or release a test beta for the maps. If i do it will be sometime this week and it will have also a few other things edited.

Back