• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Assistance

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
Years
  • Trying to make my team work to the best of it's abilities. I am willing to make changes but would prefer for Dragonite and Umbreon to stay on the team.

Aerodactyl- Impish
    301/301/192/140/195/350

Stealth Rock
    Stone Edge
    Fly
    Roost

Arcanine- Hasty
    321/287/201/251/201/301

Flamethrower
    Dig
    Iron Tail
    Extremespeed

Glaceon- Calm
    271/140/313/296/313/177

Baton Pass
    Shadow Ball
    Double Team
    Heal Bell

Gardevoir- Modest
    277/149/200/375/300/200

Energy Ball
    Focus Blast
    Psychic
    Icy Wind

Umbreon- Bold
    331/149/325/200/325/180

Dark Pulse
    Toxic
    Confuse Ray
    Moonlight

Dragonite- Jolly
    323/313/280/212/280/237

Outrage
    Fire Punch
    ThunderPunch
    Waterfall

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    Could you actually give us the EV spread of your team?

Some things to say right off the bat, though:

>Fly without substitute is pretty pointless, especially because people will switch into a pokemon that resists flying easily. It would be better to give Aerodacytl taunt, because he can shut down other stealth rock leads with relative ease.

>For Arcanine, do you realize how popular Earthquake is? That will do double damage if you use dig. 2-turn attacks are generally pretty usless in competitive play, unless you pull them off REALLY well.

>For Glaceon, evasion clause prohibits the use of evasion boosting moves, so choose another thing to baton pass into.

>Gardevior... Eh, I don't really know. There are better special walls out there imo, and this team could really use some healing support. Maybe opt for Blissey?

>I guess Umbreon is okay, though giving it curse will help it tremendously.

>I'd replace thunderpunch with Dragon Dance. It will boost it's power and be able to outspeed common threats like Starmie with it, so I actually do recommend a change.

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
    Years
  • honestly, I don't know how to tell evs, just now trying to get into competitive battling.

Arcanine- what would you recommend in replace of it? I chose it for a wider spread of types.

Glaceon- I could use barrior with her, or should I switch to another, faster baton passer?

Gardevoir- what other Pokemon can be used besides blissey? What exactly is her strategy?

Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Trying to make my team work to the best of it's abilities. I am willing to make changes but would prefer for Dragonite and Umbreon to stay on the team.

Aerodactyl- Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Pressure
    Stealth Rock
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Taunt

Arcanine- Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
    Flare Blitz
    Thunder Fang
    Morning Sun (or Crunch, Toxic or Will-o-Wisp if you can't breed)
    Extremespeed

Scizor
    -Baton Pass
    -Swords Dance/Agility
    -Roost
    -Bullet Punch
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 248 HP/88 Atk/172 Spe
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Technician

Latios - Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Specs/Scarf

Draco Meteor
    Surf
    Thunderbolt/Hidden Power (Fire)

Trick

Umbreon- Sassy
    EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 SDef
    Item: Leftovers

Curse
    Payback
    Wish
    Protect

Dragonite- Adamant
    EVs: 252 HP/52 Atk/204 Spe

Outrage
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    Roost
    Comments/suggestions in bold. I replaced Gardevoir with Latios because it has more speed and power. I also gave your Pokemon EVs. You probably didn't keep track of EVs, so you'll have to use EV-reducing berries to get them down to 0.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • This is a gen 4 team. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Latios banned in Gen 4, regardless of soul dew?
    Well, since the Lati twins are Uber, I guess I'll go with Alakazam instead; it can pull off Gardevoir's current set with more Speed and power:
    -Psychic
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    -Trick
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Specs/Scarf
    Ability: Synchronize

Chisswarrior

Grand Admiral
    Years
  • After reducing the EV's down to 0, it's pretty easy to train the pokes with the proper EV's
    (visit serebii.net and look up some EV training stuff in the "Game Mechanics" section if you haven't already)

The fastest way to EV train things are to use protein/iron/etc. and then fight wild pokemon (but you could just fight pokemon if you can't buy enough proteins/etc.). Basically, each pokemon has a limit of EV's it can have over all its stats(510), and per each specific stat (252 effectively). Every 4 EV's = 1 point in that stat. The protein/etc. items each give 10 EV points per use, up to 100 points total, and each pokemon you defeat gives a specific number of EV points (you can check serebii.net for what pokemon give what EV's). Soooooo, for example:

Say you want dragonite to have 252 attack EV's and 252 speed EV's (just an example)

-You could use 10 proteins and 10 speed ones on it first, for a total of 100 atk EV's and 100 speed EV's

-Then you could kill wild Gyarados or Seaking (mount silver fishing, HG/SS) for 2 attack EV points per kill (without boosting items like macho brace)

-Effectively, you would need to kill 76 of them to get 152 attack EV's, to bring the total to 252 for the attack EV's, which is the max allowed per that stat

-Then kill enough things to get the remaining 152 speed EV's you want (you can google "_____ EV training spots" for good areas in the game to go for different stats)

Without getting into too much detail, that's basically all EV training is. Killing enough things and getting EV points from them.
    Also, you can't EV train something at lvl 100. It needs to level up to get the stat boosts from EV's

Hope this helped!

Last edited:

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
    Years
  • That was actually the best explanation of EV training I have ever recieved. XD I understand it a lot better now, thank you. To bad my Dragonite and Umbreon are already level 100. XD Looks like I am going to have to do a lot more training.

Back