• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

This show is worse than Facebook chain letters but I don't drop.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Ok, I could post this in the general entertainment section but I'm not going to as it's something I encounter far more frequently with anime fans. People not dropping shows despite openly stating how much they dislike it and seemingly taking pride in doing so.

There are of course a number of situations in which I can understand it not dropping. Reviews based on anything less than the complete series are almost always useless. I can see the appeal to finishing a franchise that you once enjoyed but have grown to dislike. Even soldiering on in hope it improves is something I've found myself doing on numerous occasions.

So, do you feel a sense of pride in finishing something you hate? If so please enlighten me as to why.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
It's like a guilty pleasure haha. SAO is definitely a show I have so many things against, but continue to watch anyway. I mean I hated it to the guts during the first 12 episodes and still watched it every week despite the fillers. Naruto would be another one, though I read the chapters as well as watching the episodes. It progressively got worse and worse, but you can't really drop something that's near completion. The final one would have to be Blue Exorcist, that went so far off the manga into it's own story, and it turned out cheesy and horrible. But like Naruto, you have an obligation to finish something that you've gone so far through.

I think those would be the only instances. I very rarely drop things, cause I very rarely read/watch lots of things at once.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Im just a completionist, even if it's bad I have a want to finish the series just to know what happens. It pain's me sometimes and makes me go "Why the hell am I still watching this junk." I'll soldier on though and finish it just to finish it! If people put time in to animate something and I decided, even on a whim to watch it, I'll finish it out of respect for them. Of course I'll trash it after Im finished and rant about how bad it is but you get that!

AlolanMoonZPrincess

Alolan Moon Princess
Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
If i dislike something i'll drop it. Like I dropped SOA. At times I drop series I enjoy just due to getting busy and forgetting about them and when I'm free I'm just not in the mood

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
If it's a generally well-known or popular series I'll continue to watch it. I hated Clannad pretty much the entire way through, but kept watching because I want to have seen it since it's so well-known, so I can discuss why I hate it intelligently.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I trucked through Gundam AGE just to say that I've been able to finish it. I didn't mind the second arc, or bits of the first, but it was obvious when things were being changed because the show wasn't appealing to either of its target demographics - kids for toys and adults for Gunpla. It's not an experience I'd want to go through again. Such a shame too, I actually loved the animation style that show had going on.

That's pretty much one of the few times I've actually done it. Life is too short to waste immersing yourself in anything that you don't like. Anime is one of those things where I can easily become bored and just not want to watch any of for a long time, so I just don't have it in me to stick through a crappy show.

Back