• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this deck viable at all?

Chickenbits

GiantMonsterLover
Years
  • Heya. Haven't played since B&W was brand new, quit because I saw what direction the game was heading towards (the same 4-5 cards used over and over in every deck) but I've decided that I might throw myself back into the ring. However, before I do so, I need some input if the following deck (or rather, deck idea) is viable at all:

4 Reshiram EX
    3-4 Entei EX (most likley 3)
    2 Mewtwo EX
    Emboar with family (not sure how many, probably around 3)

Pokemon I'm considering: Victiny with the poké-power

From there I guess it's pretty self explanatory. Reshiram gets pumped up by emboar, and starts bombing for 150 damage every turn. Mewtwo just because he's a pretty strong backup (and to counter other mewtwos), and Entei to get back some energies. I'm considering victory due to Reshirams attack having a 50% of causing 50 damage to himself.

What do you think? This deck will played in a somewhat casual enviroment. People might have a Mewtwo ex or even a darkrai, but that's probably about it. Do you think it'll have any chance at all, or is this the worst deck idea you have ever encountered? I'm aware that it's a bit EX-heavy, so I'll have switcher and switch incase of Sig.

Thank you for any input :)

Years
  • It wouldn't be so viable at tournaments (because Emboar's kinda slow to set up so it can set up everything else), but for casual play it's probably plenty enough. Of course, this depends on how competitive your casual play scene is.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • I'd say if you're going to run a fire deck competitively, your choice needs to be between Emboar with Energy Retrieval support OR Entei EX with Potion support.

I would say 4x Entei is a much better choice competitively considering that Emboar's power lies solely on having energy in hand, which isn't always an option. And a lot of pokemon that Emboar supports tend to discard energy, which leaves your only means of recovery being Energy Retrieval and Super Rod. Also Emboar's retreat cost is painful if you HAVE to pay it to get it out, and its attack is mediocre at best.

Entei sets up slow, but with the right cards you end up with 3-4 charged up pokemon ready to slaughter anything that can't bring them down.

Back