• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon Monorpale/Hitotsuki/Honedge!

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I don't really have a problem with the mon's concept, because frankly you have to suspend disbelief when it comes to pokémon concepts. I'm not a huge fan of the design though, especially the whole unsheathing thing. It just looks bizarre holding its sheath, and the sword itself looks a tad basic. But I guess the unsheathing at the start of the battle could look nice?

I agree, especially with the sword looking too basic; I prefer it with its sheath on for that reason. The cinematic would add a nice dramatic touch to battles, but it do wish they would at least have thought of a better way to hold the sheath. It does look somewhat weird, like you said.

If anything, I hope the whole unsheathing thing applies only to battles. That way, when I'm looking at Honedge in my party or on Pokemon-amie, I get to see the version I find to be more aesthetically appealing.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
Years
SnowpointQuincy - Bronzor's name as it's appearance is derived from bronze mirror (bronze + mirror = Bronzor). As Bronzong is actually inspired by gong bell.
PlatinumDude - Why to create a new Ghost-type Pokémon whose possessed an armor when there's Golett and Golurk? Yeah, I know both the aforementioned Pokémon are based on Jewish religion about stone golems but unless you know it, they basicly look like armors that have been possessed.

Wasn't Monorpale changed so that the new Steel/Ghost-type Pokémon will be named Honedge? O_o

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
New Pokemon Monorpale/Hitotsuki!

YES. I have been waiting for a ghost/steel type. I hope it's bulky because its typing is excellent defensive. Really hope the stats are good for Honedge because its typing is wonderful! Good chance it will be on my ingame team. Probably my competitive team if the stats are good. (Or its evolution)

tnfsf11

I don't think it will have Levitate & that's because Magnemite & its evolutions don't, but on the other hand I guess the reason they don't was to not make them immune to their weakness which is ground, so maybe he'll have Levitate, after all he's part ghost :P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I don't think it will have Levitate & that's because Magnemite & its evolutions don't

Well I would sooner compare Honedge to the Bronzor family rather than the Magnemite family....and Bronzor/Bronzong can get levitate.

It's going to be a lot harder for them to justify Magnemite not having the ability levitate in this gen, when it'll be clear as day floating in air, bobbing about.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well it looks... weird.
I don't think it will have Levitate & that's because Magnemite & its evolutions don't, but on the other hand I guess the reason they don't was to not make them immune to their weakness which is ground, so maybe he'll have Levitate, after all he's part ghost :P

Majority of us are pulling it from Bronzor than Magnemite. Magnemite's current abilities make just as much sense now as Levitate does as well so its not really something I see them correcting after 5 generations.

Well I would sooner compare Honedge to the Bronzor family rather than the Magnemite family....and Bronzor/Bronzong can get levitate.

It's going to be a lot harder for them to justify Magnemite not having the ability levitate in this gen, when it'll be clear as day floating in air, bobbing about.

It really won't be that hard...I mean Beedrill flies in the air in all his sprites and will most likely be flying in the 3D model. It doesn't have Levitate and isn't a Flying type. Him, Volcarona, Dustox, Chandelure...There are Pokemon that can learn Fly that cannot fly, and you have Pokemon that can hover off the ground but cannot use Fly, don't have Levitate, or are not flying type. With all this in mind, Magnemite not having Levitate really isn't that big a deal.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
If this thing gets levitate then it will be a competitive BEAST. Immune to poison spikes and spike(if it gets levitate) and stealth rock won't do much. Just don't give this thing crappy stats like sableye please!

Years
This thing is definitely a little different than the kinds of designs I'm used to Pokemon having, but that isn't at all a bad thing. I think he's pretty awesome! Hoping its stats are decent.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Expect this one to see a lot of hate. Unjustified hate. "OMG I hate all pogeymanz not based on animuls!!!111!1".

It's a nice Pokémon, but I would've preferred one based on an empty knight armor set, even though there's already Golurk.

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
Years
I'm not really liking the design on this one. When I first saw it, I thought it was an item not a Pokemon. It might be a little more appealing/believable (I use that word loosely, of course) if it had some kind of ghostly aura around it.

j_Woo

Patnogonian
Years
Spoiler:

^Me complaining about the way genwunners and newgenners have reacted to Honedge so far, read at you own risk^

As far as how my opinion on Honedge goes, I honestly don't really like the design. The typing is original, and who knows, it may have a personality in the anime or some in-game charisma that make me like it more, but when it comes to design ALONE, I don't think it's very good. I think they coulda added a bit more of something (not quite sure, so I can't fully judge) to make it seem like more than a sword that floats (I think Chandelure and Metagross are better examples of inanimate object Pokes), but that's just me

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
I'd bet that it will have a good attack stat (assuming it can learn Swords Dance)
Yes it can learn Swords Dance. "If you were to carelessly take this blade in hand, you may find that blue cloth wrapping around you...draining the energy from your body!" I was thinking that soldiers were using this Pokemon to fight each other in swordfighting. Haha if Pokemon were to use this Pokemon as a sword, DigiXros!

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I mentioned it on the Pokemon-amie thread, but how would Honedge eat, exactly? It's been proposed that maybe it uses its sheath somehow, but... I'm trying to imagine it, and it still seems odd. Would the food just disappear as it makes crunching sounds, or what? XD

Spoiler:

^Me complaining about the way genwunners and newgenners have reacted to Honedge so far, read at you own risk^

I don't mean to contradict what you've seen on other places, but at least on this thread for the most part, people who haven't liked Honedge haven't been called out for it. c: Or where you talking about here specifically? XD

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
I was very skeptical of it at first. I kept liking it and then disliking it and that was just within a few minutes. It has kind of grown on me a bit more to the point where I've thought about possibly using it on my team, which is weird since I'm a Dark type Trainer, and I have to say, I'm liking it. Especially when it is unsheathed. As it is though, I hope it doesn't have an evolution, or a pre-evolution. I think it's fine how it is.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I mentioned it on the Pokemon-amie thread, but how would Honedge eat, exactly? It's been proposed that maybe it uses its sheath somehow, but... I'm trying to imagine it, and it still seems odd. Would the food just disappear as it makes crunching sounds, or what? XD

I don't think it will even need to eat, considering it is a ghost-type. Also, there are other Pokemon who doesn't even look like they can eat or consume anything (ex. Magnimite)

Back