• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Shentavo Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
  • As soon as everyone picked a weapon, and the various mini-battles had stopped, I spoke up. "Alright everyone, now that you've made a selection, let's return to class." I hefted a naginata from a weall rack and began to lead them back to class, explaining on the way. "The goal here is to provide you with a basic grounding in most forms of armed combat, both defensive and offensive. You can keep these weapons for the course f the year, and if you enroll in the Intermediate course, you will continue with that weapon." Opening the classroom, I instructed the class to pair up.

Morphasis

Morphing Wolfgon
    Years
  • I stared as everyone began to buddy up. I didn't care, I didn't need a partner, I was perfectly fine. I could just use some dummy robot that can strike back. I noticed no one paired up with me anyways.

Years
  • Lucky walked up to Tuyuki, seeing that she didn't have a 'buddy' either. She figured everyone would pick up on this quicker than her, so it didn't really matter anyways.

"You want to be the one to beat me?" she asked Tuyuki. (OOC: Sorry if I got that spelled wrong.)

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
  • Corazon raced to Self Defense. Apologizing for her tardiness, she went with the class to the Armory where she found a double edge sword. It was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. The hilt was made of a golden material and had leather finger grips. There were a line of Emeralds and Rubies along the top. The blade was perfect. It was silver and had no scratches on it at all. She tested it, and found it to handle quite easilly, despite it's size. Upon reentering the classroom, Corazon paired up with a mousy haired boy who introduced himself as Trevor.

OOC: Trevor is a disposible character, so try not to get attached!!

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
  • Corazon slowly gazed at the teacher. He seemed.... well.... captivating to her. She awaited his instructions. She was ready to prove herself as a worthy student.

Light Angel

An "unusual" Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2004
    Lynette followed the teacher obediently, while the little Pichu stared at the large class curiously. When they reached the armory, she shirked the swords and, instead, chose a metal rod that was surprising light and long, though not too long for her to handle. This was her least favorite class. She was mostly into the basic combat, instead of this armed combat class. She knew that she wouldn't be able to handle the rod for quite a while, but she was determined to do her best. Her stomach churned as they returned to the class room, everyone soon pairing up...except for her. The little Pichu looked around in confusion, wondering why her trainer wasn't pairing up, too. Lynette just shook her head and rubbed her pokemon's head affectionately, setting down her dratini on a nearby chair, telling her pokemon to stay with the sleeping pokemon. The little Pichu shrugged and sat beside Solina, yawning as she watched her trainer look around for a partner.

Last edited:

~Ozy~

Years
  • "Okay, everyone, befor we can reaally get started, I need to assess the general capability of everyone int the class. To do so, you'll face off with your partner. Now," here, he paused to draw breath, "The weapons are blunted, so you don't need to woryy about cuts, but they can still hurt you, and still can break bones. Be careful" he admonished everyone, and motioned for them to begin. Walking over to Lynette, he said "I'll work with you."

Years
  • "Right..." Lucky said, facing her partner. She held her sword in one hand, trying to figure out how to making the slashing movements they did in movies.

"Well...it's worth a shot," she mumbled to herself. She faced her oppenent. Foxy and Jazz stepped out of the way, fearing their trainer when she had a sword.

Years
  • Lucky ducked quickly, the sword's blade barely missing my head.

"One second," she yelled, and pulled her hair back, so that none of it would be cut off. "Ok, done."

With that she tried to swing as the other trainer had, but could only hope that worked.

Years
  • OOC: No, not him, her.

IC: Lucky gasped as the sword struck her in the arm. The teacher had told them not to worry about cuts, but the blow had broken through her skin, even with the blunt blade. Lucky winced, but swung out again, feeling like she was slowly picking up how to use her new weapon.

Morphasis

Morphing Wolfgon
    Years
  • OOC: Sorry. ^^;

IC: She felt the blade sink into her shoulder and it cut her skin. She felt the warm blood on her shoulder and struck again. Sure, it was small, but it bled quite a bit.

Years
  • "This is terriable," Lucky thought to herself as the blade struck her leg. Before the end of the session, Lucky was sure she would either be numb or bleeding to death. She swung her own blade again, hoping that the teacher would notcie them soon.

Light Angel

An "unusual" Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2004
    "Thank you," she said to her teacher as she raised her metal rod in a ready stance, waiting for his move. "I have to tell you, sir...I've never done this before."

The little Pichu heard her, silently agreeing with her trainer as she watched her with intense unease. Solina slept on, making no noise as she breathed out and in.

Lynette's nerves were on edge as she looked down her rod, knowing that this was going to be embarrassing as she waited for her teacher's answer.

~Ozy~

Years
  • "Okay then, attack me." Hideaki left himself completely open for the girl. "I can't very well see whaat you can do without a move by one of us, and I'd rather you start off."

Light Angel

An "unusual" Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2004
    "...ok," she said as she raised her rod high and aimed for his shoulder, throwing as much strength as she could into it. She knew she could leave a bruise if she hit him, but she already knew what would happen.

The little Pichu watched in great curiousity as the rod headed straight for the teacher's shoulder, making the pokemon cringe as it neared its mark!

~Ozy~

Years
  • Hideaki left it till the last second, then stepped to the side and using the short blade of the naginata to slap the rod off course. He then whirled around and brought the end of the staff within an inch of her throat. "Not bad for a first try" He said to her, bringing himself back to a nuetral stance as he called a halt to all activities in the room.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back