• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can you make a Pokemon-ish game....

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
Years
  • Oh, okay. In other words, it'll be impossible for me. XD. Thank you. I'll go plead for this game now. Bye!

Deto-Nate

Kiphacks is Back!
    Years
  • Just practice doing things with the program until your confident with it, then make ur pokemon game. Or you can use my 'Engine' when im finished making it, that will be easy for you to make a game with.

Years
  • That wasn't a very practical thing for a mod to do.. :S
    Threads like this are considered spam. But anyway, Pika, just play around with the programs and figure out how to use them. Once you find one you are comfortable with, collect resources and make a start :)

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • Yes, I'll try until I can make my game!....now I only need RPG Maker 2. XD. There's always hope, I suppose...

And I didn't know this was spam. O.O *is afraid of asking questions now*

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • You're misunderstanding the question.

Enterbrain developed PS2 software published by Agetec Inc. entitled "RPG Maker 2" which was released commercially. It allows users to create 3D titles on their PlayStation2 system.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/rpgmaker2/

Quite frankly, I have no idea. I don't own a PS2 or the game. But I predict not, because I don't know how you'd get the graphics in there!

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • Deto-Nate said:
    Just practice doing things with the program until your confident with it, then make ur pokemon game. Or you can use my 'Engine' when im finished making it, that will be easy for you to make a game with.
    Thanks! Uh, how would I go about doing that? What's an engine? XD Sorry, I know those are stupid questions, but I really don't know any programming terms... Thanks again!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Unless there's a way to connect the PS2 to your comp to download resources from there then I think you can only use the resources provided with the game. So, no, you probably can't make a Pokemon game with it...well, you could make one like it, just not being able to use any Pokemon resources.

Back