• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to setup a menu cry (charizard in firered, venasaur on leaf green, white kyurem--

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
  • Sorry, my title was too big :)
    So anyway, how do you make the game play a cry when you go to the new game continue screen in essentials?
    I know it involves using scripting, but only like 1-2 lines of code.
    Also, I was wondering if there is an easy tutorial to follow that teaches RGSS?
    I know Angelscript becauuse a game engine called BGT uses it.
    I'm great with concepts, but none of the tutorials I've tried seem to work out for me.
    I know all about classes/objects, arrays, variables, bools, functions, if statements, loop statements, etc etc.
    Thanks;

Aaron

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    In Scene_Intro, after line 'def closeSplash(scene,args)' try to put line 'pbPlayCry(PBSpecies::VENUSAUR)'.

Try to practice, make several exercises about each RGSS theme until you learned it.

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
    Years
  • Thanks, FL, but this failed to ork.
    Perhaps it is the method you said to call the cry but I seriously doubt it. I'm assuming the problem perhaps has to do with an essentials operation which cut's it off before it can be heard. So, perhaps it needs moved or something, but this did not work.
    Could you try putting this code in a project and seeing if it works for you? Thanks, and let me know if anybody has a solution.

Back