• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GO Buddy System update rolls out

Z25

Team Player
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I live in the United States, and the update is live here atm.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I'm not sure if this is the same for all iOS users but I just updated to iOS 10 and the Pokemon Go update just popped right up.

It should be the same for everyone if you've been on the latest IOS firmware. Nice to finally have it!

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    No overworld model? I am severely disappointed.

So what I'd really like to see is a list of which Pokemon can go on your shoulder, because that's the sweetest.

I second this, I was REALLY hoping for your buddy to physically walk next to you. Quite disappointing, but still can't complain, at least we've got the update now!

Reactions: Rai

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Yay! Now being able to level up Pokemon and get more candy for evolution is easier and more accessible! This is a great help since I work and go to grad school and don't have a lot of time to play now @.@

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    I second this, I was REALLY hoping for your buddy to physically walk next to you. Quite disappointing, but still can't complain, at least we've got the update now!

I was hoping for the same, but I can see why it was too much to wish for. Every Pokémon that doesn't fly or sit on your shoulder would need a walking animation, and maybe a running one too. Not an insignificant amount of work.
    Of course, that's not to say that it won't be added in some future update. I don't see it happening too soon, but I really don't want to rule it out as a possibility forever.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • The update was just up for me.

Has anyone gotten any candies? How many km/candy does it do?
    Different Pokémon have different km requirements. The game will tell you what the requirement is when you click on your buddy Pokémon on your profile page.

After reaching the km requirement, you receive one candy of that Pokémon's evolutionary line. For example, walking 3km will yield a single Charmander candy if your buddy is a Charmander, Charmeleon or Charizard.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • I was hoping for the same, but I can see why it was too much to wish for. Every Pokémon that doesn't fly or sit on your shoulder would need a walking animation, and maybe a running one too. Not an insignificant amount of work.

Sssso...? Make the ones that already have flying or floating animations show up on the overworld, and the ones that would require a walking animation, don't show up. Or, have the shoulder-perchers show up exclusively. These are the most logical steps. It would give us some of what we want while not requiring new modeling.

srinator

Yeah gps spoofing is easily possible without rooting your device, and the irony is the software for gps spoofing is available on play store xD

Back