• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle✓] [Emerald] Steven Double Battle - Mossdeep Trainer Back Sprite is Brendan!

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2024
    So using the Hacked Engine from this thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=387565

I was able to get everything I wanted like wild double battles and fairy type, but it glitches the double battle at Mossdeep to be two Brendan backsprites. Anyone have any clue how to fix this? Using Hex editor or editing the source files in the Hacked engine if anyone knows the decomp for such a fix.

Thanks in advanced to anyone who might know how to help!

Attachments

• UltimateEmerald.png
      UltimateEmerald.png
      7.1 KB · Views: 11
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2024
    Well, I'm having the exact same problem. Does anybody know how to fix it?

Managed to figure this part out:

In a Hex Editor goto the following offsets and put the corresponding values in:

Image Offset: 1BD384 -
    05 4A 11 88 05 48 81 42
    Pallet Offset 1: 05CB28 -
    2C 49 2D 48 00 68 00 7A
    Pallet Offset 2: 1BE1B0 -
    00 06 04 0E 0E 4A 11 88

That should fix the Steven double battle backsprite!

However I just found out Giga Impact, Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hyper Beam etc all have no recharge period with this version of the Battle Engine and have no way to fix them as of right now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2024
    Hey glad to help! Definitely appreciate all the work everyone put in the the engine upgrade so more than happy to contribute in the slightest way! Best of wishes for your hack moving forward and if you figure out how to fix Hyper Beam and the like keep me updated! And I'll do the same!

Back