• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite 4 Team Help

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2016
    Magmama (Magmar) lvl 42
    Flame Body
    -Confuse Ray
    -Lava Plume
    -Strength
    -Flamethrower

Old Red (Gyarados) lvl 45
    Intimidate
    -Dragon Dance
    -Ice Fang
    -Waterfall
    -Thunder

Woolybully (Ampharos) lvl 42
    Static
    -Signal Beam
    -Thunder
    -Discharge
    -Thunder Wave

Luigi (Lugia) lvl 46
    Pressure
    -Extrasensory
    -Fly
    -Whirlpool
    -Aeroblast

Skarface (Skarmory) lvl 37
    Sturdy
    -Agility
    -Swift
    -Whirlwind
    -Spikes

Blue Beast (Gyardos) lvl 41
    Intimidate
    -Ice Fang
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Earthquake
    -Surf

I would like some advice on how I could build this team to defeat the elite four. What moves could I possibly replace with better moves? What items would be effective? Especially need help defeating Lance, I have no problem with the others. Plan on leveling all up to lvl 45 before seriously challenging the E4 again.

Years
  • Hmm... your team is pretty good. Having two Gyarados (or two of any pokemon really) isn't normally a good idea, but since you are having trouble with Lance, I'd say that is fine. I forget if Lugia can learn Blizzard, but if it can, I would recommend teaching it (get rid of whirlpool). That would probably be a huge help against Lance. Finally, Raise Skarmory and both Gyarados's up to as high a level as you can, as they are your most valuable assets against Lance (Skarmory for its resistance to outrage, Gyarados for Ice Fang). Lastly, try to teach Steel Wing to Skarmory if you can.

Years
  • Magmar is pretty good although I highly recommend evolving it and replacing Strength with Brick Break.

I didn't know Gyarados could learn Thunder... Old Red is fine I'd say.

I'd replace Discharge with Thunderbolt on your Ampharos.

Replace whirlpool with Ice Beam or Blizzard.

Whirlwind and Spikes are good. But you Should probably give it at least one STAB move.

No problems with Gyarados no. 2 although it is odd using two of the same pokemon.

On items, anything that benefits their strong stat, replaces health, cures conditions or helps with weaknesses. On levels you should level them up to about level 48-52. Especially get Skarmory's level up, it is beyond screwed at that level.

Back