• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon questions for emulators

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2021
    I am new to this forum I play gen 3,4 on the PC emulators VBA DeSume and so on, I want to ask that if I save just after I encounter a pokemon (not the main save the in emulator save) will the held item in the hands of the pokemon change and will the stats be determined as soon as I encounter it or can the stats change when I catch it

Years
  • save-states aren't the same as soft-resetting. you'll be getting the same stats/values over and over if you only save via the emulator and not the cartridge itself. if you wanna shiny hunt, look for a good nature, or get a peculiar held item, you're gonna want to use the in-game save option.

save-states are more useful for stuff like important battles if you just wanna get right back into it should you lose. at least that's what i use it for anyway.

Back