• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
My rebuttal to people being against adding in moves that're from gen 4 onwards is that a lot of Pokemon don't have a varied enough moveset to be helped from the PSS. Many pokemon obviously become very useful such as Crawdaunt and Sharpedo however pokemon like Banette are pretty much crippled by it.. I am all for adding in new moves so long as every Pokemon is looked at and have their movesets are adjusted to make them more useful.

Years
My rebuttal to people being against adding in moves that're from gen 4 onwards is that a lot of Pokemon don't have a varied enough moveset to be helped from the PSS. Many pokemon obviously become very useful such as Crawdaunt and Sharpedo however pokemon like Banette are pretty much crippled by it.. I am all for adding in new moves so long as every Pokemon is looked at and have their movesets are adjusted to make them more useful.

Pretty much 100% agree with you. I just need to decide how far to go with it, currently I am thinking 4th MAYBE 5th gen moves

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Pretty much 100% agree with you. I just need to decide how far to go with it, currently I am thinking 4th MAYBE 5th gen moves

If you have no current plans to add Fairy typing. Gen 4 Pretty much gives most Gen 3 pokemon a really decent coverage. If you expand on the TM list. So like i mentioned before pokemon like Banette can atleast get shadow Claw. Then you're pretty much set to just polish up Pokemon's movesets and then potentially add in an option to teach them moves via the Move Tutor in Fallarbor Town.

Edit: After doing a quick check. I noticed that AncientPower is the only special based rock move before Gen 5. So I would probably agree with you on going with Gen 5 moves.

Last edited:
Years
If you have no current plans to add Fairy typing. Gen 4 Pretty much gives most Gen 3 pokemon a really decent coverage. If you expand on the TM list. So like i mentioned before pokemon like Banette can atleast get shadow Claw. Then you're pretty much set to just polish up Pokemon's movesets and then potentially add in an option to teach them moves via the Move Tutor in Fallarbor Town.

Edit: After doing a quick check. I noticed that AncientPower is the only special based rock move before Gen 5. So I would probably agree with you on going with Gen 5 moves.

I'm tempted to look into adding cross gen evos, like probopass or dusknoir. If I add sylveon then I'll have to add fairy types, but short of that, 5th gen moves will suffice

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I'm tempted to look into adding cross gen evos, like probopass or dusknoir. If I add sylveon then I'll have to add fairy types, but short of that, 5th gen moves will suffice

Gen 4 Evo's are one of those things where I can take em or leave em. It's totally down to you in that regard. Same thing with Fairy typing. Yeah it adds another dynamic to things but it's not entirely necessary. The only 2 things that are usually not present in these Gen 3 "updated" hacks are new moves and newer items. I feel like they're 2 things that are less common than I'd of expected given how good and how competent hackers are. I suppose the end result is how far you're willing to let the hack go from the original game.

Last edited:
Years
Gen 4 Evo's are one of those things where I can take em or leave em. It's totally down to you in that regard. Same thing with Fairy typing. Yeah it adds another dynamic to things but it's not entirely necessary. The only 2 things that are usually not present in these Gen 3 "updated" hacks are new moves and newer items. I feel like they're 2 things that are less common than I'd of expected given how good and how competent hackers are. I suppose the end result is how far you're willing to let the hack go from the original game.

If the new moves, abilities, and items end up being within my skill level, I'll do my best to get them done. I'd like to see the game have new evos because they're awesome but that's about as far from the original game I think I'll take it, there are already plenty of overhaul level hacks out there, I'll stick with the enhanced vanilla feel:-)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
Hi, is there a version that has the original hoenn starters? the version i downloaded has treecko cyndaquil and squirtle and mudkip isnt available

Years
Hi, is there a version that has the original hoenn starters? the version i downloaded has treecko cyndaquil and squirtle and mudkip isnt available

The latest version available has the original Hoenn starters as default, with optional patches to allow for the Jhoto or Kanto starters

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Hey Dearman4, any plans to add in updated breeding mechanics, i.e. destiny knot, oval charm, etc?

If not, maybe a hyper trainer to perfect IVs, like sigma emerald has?

Currently it's still pretty random as to how IVs are assigned - you pretty much have to get lucky or breed 1000 eggs.

Amazing hack though, I love how you kept the old sprites, super nostalgic.

Years
Hey Dearman4, any plans to add in updated breeding mechanics, i.e. destiny knot, oval charm, etc?

If not, maybe a hyper trainer to perfect IVs, like sigma emerald has?

Currently it's still pretty random as to how IVs are assigned - you pretty much have to get lucky or breed 1000 eggs.

Amazing hack though, I love how you kept the old sprites, super nostalgic.

I'm glad you like it, I tried my best to make this the ultimate Emerald experience :)
Currently, adding in fourth gen moves/pokemon/mechanics are beyond my skill level.
I have been trying to get an IV perfecter in but been having some troubles, my current plan is to make six NPCs that will charge an exorbitant amount to perfect one specific stat's IV, but the coding is giving me some issues, and I'm not sure where to put them. Right now I'm thinking of clearing out an otherwise useless building in the Battle Frontier and filling it with these NPCs but I might also want to put them in different locations for thematic purposes. Though what I've been trying to get right lately is the non-standard Emerald legendaries like Mewtwo or Suicune, they are spawning in the wild at the moment and I don't like it, so that's my primary concern as of now. Thanks for the feedback though, its always appreciated!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 4, 2019
Hiyas. Is there a way to play this on android? I have no idea about patching and stuff :(

Years
Hiyas. Is there a way to play this on android? I have no idea about patching and stuff :(

Absolutely! You can patch it on your computer and transfer it over or (if you're using the My Boy! app) long press the ROM and then tap "Patch Game" and it will automatically patch an .ips file BUT it must have the SAME NAME as the ROM. So just rename whichever .ips file you want to use to have the exact name as your ROM (though leaving the .gba and .ips extensions as is of course). That should patch it and it should work just fine :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 26, 2019
Hi! Just wanted to say how wonderful this idea is! I'm already playing the hack and enjoying it like a kid, but I have two questions:

I've used the Day and Night in battles patch, and I've reached Petalburg Woods, but I've changed my mind and decided I just want the D/N transition only in the game and not in battles. If I apply the patch for it to my current rom, will I be able to use my current .sav file? If not, how can I?

The second question is how can I change in-game time. Thank you very much!

Years
Hi! Just wanted to say how wonderful this idea is! I'm already playing the hack and enjoying it like a kid, but I have two questions:

I've used the Day and Night in battles patch, and I've reached Petalburg Woods, but I've changed my mind and decided I just want the D/N transition only in the game and not in battles. If I apply the patch for it to my current rom, will I be able to use my current .sav file? If not, how can I?

The second question is how can I change in-game time. Thank you very much!

I'm glad you like it! Feedback is always appreciated :smile:

What I would do is to re-patch a clean copy of the Emerald ROM just to be safe, as long as the .sav file has the same name as the ROM file, it should load just fine.

Changing the in-game time as noted in the Features List is done at Shoal Cave, I put it in the ROM really for only the purpose of making both of the tides easier to access. When you get to Shoal Cave you will see a clock next to the entrance, trust me you can't miss it!

Years
Do you allow people to use it as a rombase?

I'm not entirely sure what is considered a ROMbase tbh, if you mean you want to use it as a starting point for your own hack? Be my guest, just make sure you credit me :)

Though its still in need of some work, my main goal right now is to rebuild it from scratch, too many things need to be cleaned up code-wise (mainly shopkeepers because I didn't repoint their scripts, I just added to them which is not a good idea) plus a few changes I've been toying around with.

Though as I said you are welcome to use it :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 26, 2019
I'm glad you like it! Feedback is always appreciated :smile:

What I would do is to re-patch a clean copy of the Emerald ROM just to be safe, as long as the .sav file has the same name as the ROM file, it should load just fine.

Changing the in-game time as noted in the Features List is done at Shoal Cave, I put it in the ROM really for only the purpose of making both of the tides easier to access. When you get to Shoal Cave you will see a clock next to the entrance, trust me you can't miss it!

Thank you very much! I've decided to use an old save file I had from the original Pokémon Emerald, where I already have some gold symbols from the Battle Frontier. Will it cause any problems?

Besides, I don't really understand where Dratini can be found, what do you mean with the "small antichamber above the waterfall"? Could you please elaborate?

Last edited:
Back