• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Days
  • Seen Mar 28, 2024
Hey Dearman,

Love all the work you put into the hack. I have a question (not sure if you'll be able to answer it but worth a shot).

I utilized the Emerald gameshark cheats to spawn in certain encounters (doing a mono water run, wanted to give myself a few poke's to start with) however now the wild encounters are stuck on whatever I last modified, even if I shut off the code. (Ex: I put in the code for a Horsea, caught it, turned the code off. Now, I still ONLY run into wild Horsea's.)

Again, not sure if you know of a solution given that you may not be as familiar with the cheatcodes and what they do in hand with the hack. Either way, I love your creation so far and am grateful for the work you put in!

Years
Hey Dearman,

Love all the work you put into the hack. I have a question (not sure if you'll be able to answer it but worth a shot).

I utilized the Emerald gameshark cheats to spawn in certain encounters (doing a mono water run, wanted to give myself a few poke's to start with) however now the wild encounters are stuck on whatever I last modified, even if I shut off the code. (Ex: I put in the code for a Horsea, caught it, turned the code off. Now, I still ONLY run into wild Horsea's.)

Again, not sure if you know of a solution given that you may not be as familiar with the cheatcodes and what they do in hand with the hack. Either way, I love your creation so far and am grateful for the work you put in!
Glad to hear you're enjoying it! My recommendation is to re-patch a new ROM and transfer the save in. Might fix the encounters. Can explain how to transfer a save if you need, though tbh I would prefer to do that on our Discord to not flood this post with unnecessary responses :P

Days
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I wasn't even doing anything with them like feeding Vitamins to them seeing as I'm still at Granite Cave. All I did was catch one, the level 9 ones you find in B1, then look at their stats to see which evolution they'll potentially get. Then I just level them up one level to level 10 and they'd evolve right away. I just found it odd that the one with Atk > Def didn't evolve correctly.

RFE - Addendum:\

I finally got a Tyrogue that properly evolved into Hitmonlee and all I needed to do was find one that had a Nature that boosts its Atk stat ^_^

Anyway, I forgot to ask if you added the modern Breeding Mechanic, where in Modern games either parent can pass on Egg Moves to a Baby Pokemon not just the father, to the patch?

Addendum yet again:

So ok I finally got to Slateport and when I bought ten (10) Great Balls I wasn't given a Free Premier Ball. So are the free Premier Balls only for ten regular Poke Balls now?

Addendum - Promise last one:

Here are two screenshots of my Night time, 9:15PM, gameplay and if I recall correctly this Lighting coloration was originally used in the 6PM to 8PM time frame and it should be gray to nearly black by 9PM onwards.

Spoiler:
My Tyrogue is now level 21 and has still not evolved. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Back