• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

bleh

Riff Raff

la-di-da-di-da
Years
  • So, it must be said. I am completely and utterly bored with my writing life. Ive got this odd little thing in my brain that absolutley refuses to let me write by myself. I just cant do it. I can never muster up any motivation (even though Ive got so many complete and well thought out ideas), and when I somehow miraculously manage to jot something down against all odds, I simply loose any interest in the story after scribbling down about a quarter or the damned thing. It sucks, that's all I have to say.

But anyway, I didn't toss this thread out there to ask for motivational help. I've got plenty of motivation stowed away somewhere in the back of my brain. No, I come to you today to ask for writing buddies. People are my only source of inspiration. The new ideas they bring to the table, the unexpected twists and turns they throw in, it keeps the rp fresh for me.

I joined this site around 24 hours ago, and so far I have got nothing accomplished. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting to be pumping out grade A novels every few hours, but..... yeah. So, yknow, anyone who's interested in showing a little pity to this poor beggar and has nothing better to do, I'd appreciate your creative output. Ive got to say, though, I reeeeeally dislike writing with people who are terrible with grammar and are completely cliche. Just throwing that out there....

As of now, I have no clear cut plotlines or ideas that I'd like to follow. This is pretty much just a clean slate to begin with, and we can build from there. I simply know I wish to do an OT rp, myself as a female with an Ampharos. Any plots, characters, or whatever else you offer up will be accepted warmly, though be warned that if I have anything to say about your ideas, I WILL say it. I wont be rude of course. I just have to challenge ideas to be sure I fully understand them and whatnot.

Now, I've never done a pokemon rp before, so I dunno if this will even work, but I'd love to give it a try. Oi, I vastly apologize for leaving such a long and rambling message, but I tend to feel the need to thoroughly express myself so as not to leave confusion in my trail. That last sentence didn't really make sense. But, you get the point. And I'm sure that after I post this, many of you will still have question to ask that I never thought to cover. That would technically make this paragraph void, I would assume. But nonetheless, COME ONE, COME ALL, TO CREATE SOMETHING ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL WITH YOUR DEAREST FRIEND, AMMO!!! I'm Ammo, by the way, for those who don't know of my epicness. NOW, OFF WITH YOU, POTENTIAL PARTNERS!

And that, my friends, is how you make an entrance. Or perhaps, an exit....

p.s. On another note, I get the feeling that this thread may be in the wrong place. If so, I apologize. Just saying.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    First: this is the Writers' Lounge and not the regular Fan Fiction section, so yes, you're apparently in the right place.

Second: I don't quite get what you're trying to accomplish here. Are you trying to get a collaboration started with someone, so that you both write the story together? Are you looking for a beta reader, who will read over what you write and give suggestions on what to do from there? Are you just looking for a guy who will listen to your ideas and explain their opinion on your not-so-epic plot twist or what have you? Right now I'm... not quite sure.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • If you're looking for writing buddies that's... kinda what the Writer's Lounge is for in the first place. Granted, we no longer have a discussion thread, but the main point is still the same. When you come here, you're interacting with a bunch of fellow writers to bounce ideas off them in threads, trade tips and tricks, and generally get feedback on your story threads. That's what the entire forum is for, really. You just have to commit yourself to being active. You know, actually go to the people and talk to them, rather than ask them to come to you. (VMing also helps if you just want some one-on-one conversation between potential friends. Just go to the profile of anyone you're interested in talking to and leave them a message.)

Actually, I would highly recommend VMing if you're looking for someone to collaborate with, too. In fact, if you actually need to form any sort of partnership on a writing community like this one, this is the course of action newbies usually take:

1. Read tons of threads (story, discussion, whatever) and post in as many of them as you can. Also take the time to create meaningful threads (i.e., "What are your thoughts on X plot point?") to allow people to come in and start discussing things with you. This will expose you to the general public and wedge your presence into the general community.

2. When someone comes along who says something that strikes you as particularly interesting, go to their profile and strike up a conversation with them.

3. Build your relationship with as many people via the VM/significant discussion method as you can.

4. Finish off by saying, "So, want to collaborate?" Or, you know, whatever it is you're wanting to do.

In other words, we'd be happy to work with you. You just need to show some interest in the community first by participating everywhere you can and reaching out to us. Unfortunately, even if we did know what you wanted out of a writing buddy, it's unlikely that we'd be able to help you until you make an effort to be a part of the community. Otherwise, we've seen a lot of kids come through here and post a few times, only to disappear forever. It's a lot more significant to us to see someone who responds to discussions and makes us think, and the more significant our experience with you is, the more likely we'll be able to work with you as writing partners. This is because we'll know about your opinions, because you'd actually seem interested in talking to us, and because we'll have been in contact with you long enough to have some sort of assurance that we can continue to keep in touch in the future. In other words, it's just easier talking to someone who shows an interest in being a part of the gang than it is talking to someone who just strides in here and declares that they want us to be their friend. It's not so much you as it is just the fact that people who show an interest in being a part of the group are generally more sociable and won't necessarily drop off the face of the earth abruptly. Actions speak louder than words and all that, you know?

TL;DR Version: That's cool, but if you want to hang out with us, you're going to have to hang out with us.

In the meantime, if you're looking for someone to RP with, you may want to try the next forum over. Just trying to point you in the right direction there.

Last edited:

Tacogeddon

Pokemonidae
    Years
  • Well if you ever want help with setting ideas, I'd love to help! I've built lots of worlds for RPGs and stuff, like GURPS, and just for fun, so if you ever want a good foundation for a story. I'm more of a worldbuilder than a story writer, so I'd be best for making places/locations.

The text wall, it GROWS.

Riff Raff

la-di-da-di-da
    Years
  • Are you trying to get a collaboration started with someone, so that you both write the story together?

bingo ^^

and, as for what Jax was saying, yeah, I see your point. In the forum I transferred from, this was the primary way that I met people who were interested in writing with a buddy but didn't know where to look. I guess I never really thought that it was any different here. soooo yeah, now I feel like a noob all over again -sigh-

But Alas, do not disregard this thread!! I will take Jax's words to heart and go randomly asking strangers to write with me, but I have found that posting a thread like this does help. As you said, Jax, it brings the RPers to myself, instead of having to go hunt them down. It's fairly convenient. ^^

So, I can not guarantee that things will work out or that I will make any sort of an impact among the community members, but I do solemnly swear that I will not poof-be-gone. Trust me, one of my biggest peeves is when someone vanishes in the middle of an RP.

But aaaaanyway..... I don't know what else to say. Oh, thank you for the offer, Taco ^^

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    No need to feel like a noob. Besides, posting this thread helped to gain the attention of anyone who would be willing to do a collaboration with you, like Taco. I'd like that way better for you than finding all the people who don't want to collaborate.

That said, do stick around. A lot of people have disappeared, and we can't lose much more. Otherwise, the section explodes.

Back