• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Dark Phoenix was Alright...Let's Talk About It

Years
  • So Dark Phoenix is the latest and final x-men film (at least as far as 21st century fox is concerned) to hit theatres. i went & watched it, trying really hard to not let any of the negative buzz surrounding it affect my experience, and I gotta say...I was pleasantly surprised. The writing ranged from pretty good to hilariously corny at times, but the action and special fx looked tight throughout the whole thing and that made the issues a bit more bearable. Michael Fassbender's Magneto stole the show imo. His motivation was kinda murky but besides that he had some dope action sequences & the way he dealt with things during the climax was SO awesome to watch.

All in all I'd say I didn't regret watching it. Go give it a watch so we can talk about it.

Years
  • We seen it last week.

It was a lot better than I expected, not earth shatteringly good but nowhere near as bad as some reviews would have you believe and definitely not the worst film in the whole series.

I wouldn't say Magneto stole the show exactly but his scenes were mostly good. A few of the other characters had good moments too and there was also a few neat comic references and a Dazzler cameo but, for me, it was a couple of Nightcrawler moments that really stood out.

Overall, I'm glad we went to the cinema for it but I won't be in a rush to see it again. Roll on the MCU reboot...

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm of the mind that the hate this film has been getting is wayyyy overblown imho. That said, I wouldn't say it was a great film. Hell, I wouldn't even call it a good film, but it didn't have to be. Unlike some other films I've seen this year, not once did I find that I was bored, and, sure, whilst there were several Questionable Moments at times (like the hands scene!!!! y'all know the one!!!) , I still felt entertained, and that the €15 I paid to see it wasn't at all wasted.

Which is fine by me.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    It def wasn't as bad as the critic wanted to make it seem, but it was still not one of the best things I've watched. I personally think the MCU made a really high standard for comic inspired movies, which doesn't surprise me at all to be fair.

Back