• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guide: Shiny Hunting in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl

Shiny Hunting in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl

Shiny Hunting in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl

How do you get the best out of the PokéRadar, and how good is the Shiny Charm this time around?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • A guide article! Let us know if you'd like more details added, etc. I will flesh out the PokeRadar part later.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2021
    Is there anything that can cause NO shiny to spawn? I've used an Italian and German Ditto for almost 2 wks. Box full of amazing and great females, but still no shiny charmander.

Years
  • Interested in trying out the PokeRadar for shiny hunting, but I'm still a far way from postgame sadly 😢

Is there anything that can cause NO shiny to spawn? I've used an Italian and German Ditto for almost 2 wks. Box full of amazing and great females, but still no shiny charmander.

bad luck.
    It's not like the Masuda Method and shiny charm guarantee shinies at all. It's still RNG at the end of the day.

My longest shiny breed was around a month (though in Shield), 150 eggs a day on workdays and 300 eggs a day on my days off. For a month straight.
    And yes, I had foreign Ditto + Shiny charm.

Hopefully you'll get it soon =3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2021
    I know... sad face... just needed to hear it I guess.... never actually had it take this long before.

Major Agnostic

Pokemon Crystal Ultimate Developer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    I can't believe that they still haven't increased the shiny rate further... what a waste of time lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2023
    I can't believe that they still haven't increased the shiny rate further... what a waste of time lol

I disagree with this personally, but I'm not a shiny hunter. I don't at all need to find shinies, and if I found shinies a lot more often they wouldn't be special. I kind of dislike that they ever increased the chance in the first place.

Major Agnostic

Pokemon Crystal Ultimate Developer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    I think they could increase shiny rates by FAR more before the frequency would make shinies forgettable. I tested 1/256 in my hack and people like it. I think 1/800 is the sweet spot for me.

Back