• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2007
Anyone got the PokeDEX & Pokemon Menu flags for Fire Red?
e.g. in Ruby it's 0x800 and 0x801.

Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2007
I've searched but couldnt find this.

1. how do you change the starting pokemon in yellow (the pikachu and the eevee)?
2. how do you change who prof oak catches right in the beginning of the game?
3. how do you swap that pictures show up during the intro?
(in order it would be prof oak, pikachu, ash, and gray and then ash again)

those are all for yellow, again.

thanks

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
Okay, so I downloaded it again, and it still doesn't work. Do I have to have ScriptED open?

Never mind. I figured out I had to click "View Level Script" at the top of the window. HUUUUUURR!!

Thanks. :)

You're going to have to tell me what you mean. Because I would like to view scripts too.

Supergamecube14

The Worst Hacker Ever Born
Years
Another question.

Thanks a lot, Blaizechu!

One more question, in advance text, how do you make it so it says the first pokemon in your party in Fire Red/Leaf Green.

For example:
Oh...
Your SQUIRTLE looks healthy!
(that would be if squirtle was the first pokemon in your party)

Or something to that effect...
Thanks!

EDIT: Also is there any way, any way at all that I can edit trainers other than PET. PET won't let me change attacks and it is getting annoying!

Last edited:

>Bent<

awhups
Years
One more question, in advance text, how do you make it so it says the first pokemon in your party in Fire Red/Leaf Green.

For example:
Oh...
Your SQUIRTLE looks healthy!
(that would be if squirtle was the first pokemon in your party)
I highly recommend getting a hex editor and table file, then finding this text. In Crystal (I've never hacked FireRed), you would see a special sequence of characters in place of the SQUIRTLE, that show what kind of variable is displayed (either a name or a decimal representation of a number), as well as the RAM address for it.
Also is there any way, any way at all that I can edit trainers other than PET. PET won't let me change attacks and it is getting annoying!
A hex editor. Play through the game until you find a gym leader, have a Ditto Transform into the opponent, write down the attacks, and do a hex search for the four attacks in order. By doing that, I managed to figure out the entire trainer system for Pokemon GSC, including naming.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
hitme2k5 said:
Blazichu, can you confirm that Amplifier has stopped being worked on? And is its latest release 1.2.0.0?

I would not know how to contact the creators, but I never said it had stopped being worked on, the creators could be modifying it as we speak. I own 1.2.0.0 so it must be the latest version.

Sgt. Custard

Novice Hacker
Years
Hello,
I tried making a new map for pokemon emerald using advance map, Bank 1 Map 5 I believe, and I set up some stairs going up from Birch's lab (Bank 1 Map 4) into it and a warp going back down.
The map has about six people in, some grass and some water.
In-game, the warp works but all I get when I go upstairs is a black screen but showing me and the other people in the map and we're all standing on a piece of grass which we're not in Advance Map. Also, i can't move, and I can't go back downstairs even though the movement permissions are all set up.
The event numbers are all normal in the new map, except for the warp's event number which is greyed out.
Can someone help me out, please?
Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2007
Still havn't found the PokeDEX/Pokemon Menu flags,I know 0x800 starts up Safari Zone mode, which does activate both the menus, but also shows the Retire button, which takes you to Fuscia City.

So, anyone got em? :o

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
Years
It's better you just keep trying it, for example I have a list of them somewhere at home and I am not there but I can only tell that I got that list because I just tried all numbers when I first found out about flags.
Start with 800 and continue.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Is there a way to change what [RIVAL] refers to in Ruby? I used that in a script, and it said 'May' in place of [RIVAL]. I want to find a way to make RIVAL mean Ali for the girl rival and Jarrid for the boy rival. Any help would be appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2007
Found the flags for Fire Red.
0x829 - PokeDEX
0x828 - Pokemon Menu

Thanks for the help.

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
Years
This exactly doesn't come here, but making a new thread for this will be dumb.

So does anyone of you hackers have that TLP tutorial that I created some time ago (last year)

EDIT:
Blaziken 626 - You cannot remove the function to choose a new name but you can replace the names that the professor shows in the menu by looking for them in A-Text. Other than that If you still want people to say Ali and Jarrid instead of your rivals name I am afraid you will have to replace it everywhere in the rom, possibly using a-text or hex editing.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2007
Too busy to search at the moment, so I'll post here.
How would I go about making an NPC stay where he moved to? Even after I had left the map. Does Pokescript have some kind of ' npc lock' command?

Any Help is appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Too busy to search at the moment, so I'll post here.
How would I go about making an NPC stay where he moved to? Even after I had left the map. Does Pokescript have some kind of ' npc lock' command?

Any Help is appreciated.

In AdvanceMap when you choose the NPC in events view tab you'll see a Status ID part. If you put a number in it that isn't used for another NPC the NPC will stay where it moved.

Years
I'm trying to activate a Script event in the Mt. Chimney map (Emerald, US version) but I don't know what I have to use as "Flag Value" and "Flag Number". Can anyone help me? I need to activate the script there, 'cuz it's (as far as I know) the only place where the Poochyena sprites work properly.

So, can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020

I'm working on a hack and it won't let me import a bitmap. Is there a way to fix this? Because I truly need to get my trainers in the game.

You can't insert trainers with RSBall.
Try unLZ GBA. You have to import PNG pictures and they have to be indexed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back