• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Something really strange happened to my ROM. Whenever I do something that has to do with Torchic (which I changed to Chimchar), the game freezes. Like when I choose it to battle the Poochyena, or when I include it in a script. Does anyone know a possible explanation for this?

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2020
    I was using advance map on emerald and I changed the tileset for one of the maps. Then when I tested the rom and I tried to enter that map the screen stayed black but it didn't freeze because the music kept playing. Does anyone know how to change the tilesets in emerald without this happening?

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Okay this isn't about within the game im editing its the tools okay my computer recently got reformatted, Now my scripted, sappy and Advacne Text don't work could some one help, I have re-installed these programs many times no good.

Years
  • a small question.What is wrong with this script

Code:
    #org 0x2166E0
    message 0x2166E1
    applymovement 0xFF 0x2166E2
    release 
    end

#org 0x2166E1
    = Remember what your mother told you,\v\h01\nDont go into the tall grass.\pIt would be ok if\nyou had your own pokemon\pbut you dont so....

#org 0x2166E2
    #raw 0x0A
    #raw 0xFE

Cuz even when I insert it nothing happens.The player still goes walking across

and for answers.....
    Okay this isn't about within the game im editing its the tools okay my computer recently got reformatted, Now my scripted, sappy and Advacne Text don't work could some one help, I have re-installed these programs many times no good.

furanki pkmn master,do your programs give an error somewhat like "COMDLG32.OCX or one of its dependancies are missing".If yes then go here.All you have to do is install the ascentive library installer.Hope that helps

If that didnt work contact me via pm

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm trying to activate a Script event in the Mt. Chimney map (Emerald, US version) but I don't know what I have to use as "Flag Value" and "Flag Number". Can anyone help me? I need to activate the script there, 'cuz it's (as far as I know) the only place where the Poochyena sprites work properly.

So, can anyone help? Thanks in advance! Please, I NEED an answer!

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years

Code:
    #org 0x2166E0
    message 0x2166E1
    release 
    end

#org 0x2166E1
    = Remember what your mother told you,\v\h01\nDont go into the tall grass.\pIt would be ok if\nyou had your own pokemon\pbut you dont so....

#org 0x2166E2
    #raw 0x0A
    #raw 0xFE

WTH.. Look at your offsets..!
    You just take 1 byte for a whole string of text...

Years

Code:
    #org 0x2166E0
    message 0x2166E1
    release 
    end

#org 0x2166E1

#org 0x2166E2
    #raw 0x0A
    #raw 0xFE

I think you're overwriting important data...

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Okay this is releated to the other question does anyone know whee to find the ocx's and dlls for sappy, that would be a big help

Years
  • WTH.. Look at your offsets..!
    You just take 1 byte for a whole string of text...

umm.....how exactly do I find the correct offsets(sorry I'm new to scripting)

I think you're overwriting important data...

No--I used Hackmew's free space finder to get these offsets.It obviously means that these offsets are dont have any data

Okay this is releated to the other question does anyone know whee to find the ocx's and dlls for sappy, that would be a big help

I definately will know but I'd be happy if you can name the ocx or dll your lookin for.It would be easier that way

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    fmod.dll
    timermm.dll
    vbalCbEx6.ocx
    vbalExpBar6.ocx
    cPopMenu6.ocx
    SSubTmr6.dll

Years
  • timermm.dll
    vbalCbEx6.ocx
    vbalExpBar6.ocx
    cPopMenu6.ocx
    SSubTmr6.dll

Fmod:here

Timermm.dll:here

vbalCbEx6.ocxhere

vbalExpBar6.ocx:here

cPopMenu6.ocx:URL="http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/vb/code/Controls/Menus/Icon_Menu_Control/VB6_IconMenu_Demonstration.asp"]here[/URL]

SSubTmr6.dll:here

NOTE:Below the dowload link the content will be written.Please check the content before downloading anything because I could have made a mistake while giving yoyu the linksWritting in huge letters is the only way people read stuff:P

Last edited:

gumbyscout

Sonic Freak
    Years
  • Mew as Starter

I didn't want to make a new thread so I thought I'd post it here. How do you make mew obey when you set mew as a starter in Leaf Green and Fire Red?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I didn't want to make a new thread so I thought I'd post it here. How do you make mew obey when you set mew as a starter in Leaf Green and Fire Red?

If you make Mew a starter, it'll obey you whatever its level is.

Zyph

Game developer. Hax0rz!
    Years
  • I have SOOO many questions. I have until Tuesday to complete the intro to my hack, as it's a math assignment, and my final.

[Ruby Hack]

1.) I used A-text to change what your mother says after the event on TV, but she says something that isn't on A-text, and it throws my whole game off. She says "Why don't you go visit Prof. Birch next door," or something like that. How can you change that?

2.) How can I make Professor Birch's sprite appear in his lab without having to save him?

3.) How can I make pokeball sprites appear on the overworld.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
  • 1.) I used A-text to change what your mother says after the event on TV, but she says something that isn't on A-text, and it throws my whole game off. She says "Why don't you go visit Prof. Birch next door," or something like that. How can you change that?

Use the Search Option on Advanced Text, and put the word visit in. Make sure "everything before the word" is also selected. Then, after finding it, save it to the .ini, and change the text.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back