• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] .PKM file support in essentials?

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
  • So my friend had an idea.
    What about supporting exporting of Pokémon to .PKM files?
    .PKM files aren't that big.
    I was just wondering every body's thoughts on the matter.
    Pros?
    Cons?
    Of corse, the output Pokemon will mostlikely have some default captured location such as "Far away place"
    The Pokémon would not be legit.
    However, how fun would it be to create a Pokémon game and then send your starter to Pokémon Black2 & White2?
    Wouldn't it be cool to send your Pokémon Rapter Torterra to Pokémon White?
    Wouldn't it be cool to put your Totodile from Pokémon island on Pokémon Black?
    The format would not support fakemon, that is true.
    However, modified real Pokémon would perfectly transfer!

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • To import into/export from essentials? No.

Pokemon in the games are determined by numbers. In essentials, it's all constants, and the numbers that correpond to these constants do not match up. But more to the point: Why? Essentials can have it's own formats and stuff, but making it connect to the official games would require very heavy script, all for a feature almost no one would use.

Last edited:

the__end

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    you can import the pokemon from fangames without much effort into official games...
    just use pokegen! (http://projectpokemon.org/pokegen/) :)
    you have to few all the stats and so on in your fangame and write them down in pokegen...
    its as simple as that and we dont need any complicated scripting in essentials... ;)

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ahaha, no.

As IceGod64 said, the way Essentials stores Pokémon data is different to the way the official games do. Much coding would need to be done in order to convert from one system to the other.

Also, that's cheating. Nothing would stop you from downloading Essentials with this feature, debug yourself whatever Pokémon you want, and export it. If you want to do this, just use an Action Replay.

A feature similar to this, but for the older Pokémon games, used to exist in Essentials. I removed it, precisely because no one cared and because it no longer worked properly anyway (due to differences in how Essentials worked). I have no intention of restoring this feature.

Back