• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Windows XP ClearType

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
Years
  • I find it hard to believe something else looks better when the quality is already superb. May I see a screenshot?

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I for some reason never knew about this. Looks nice, I have to say. Thanks Shining Arcanine. Where do you find these gems on Microsoft?

Phantom Angel

aka Dark Heaven
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 30, 2004
    Hey DUDE, it's really nice thing that you found there...
    I like it a lot!!!
    Now I don't have to harm my eyes to chat with y'all. :P

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
    Years
  • I find these tips in the Windows XP Expert Zone. Most of them are things I know. Some remind me of things I have forgotten. Others are ones that I have never heard about before and a really nice such as this one for example. I think ClearType should have been enabled by default when it was turned on in the system properties but it apparently wasn't. Now it is. ^_^

Shingo`

The `Latios` Owner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2004
    Eusine/Masato/Shigeru, I'm on a Windows and I found the font Lucida Grande on my system. TrueType. Does this look like it?

Last edited:

Shingo`

The `Latios` Owner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2004
    One time ClearType smoothed a font that I didn't want it to. The font turned out unreadable. And sort of like black explosion messes.

Shingo`

The `Latios` Owner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2004
    Well... MacWorld's tests:
    PC beats everything except one- video compression

Back