• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Level Modifier

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Are you making your Pokemon game with RMXP and P.Essentials? Do you have loads of rebattles with the same trainer, where the trainer might have the same Pokemon, but they'd just be a different level? Or do you want to be able to rebattle a trainer, and have their Pokemon become stronger or weaker without creating a new PBS entry? There is a very simple solution for you, and it goes like this. Go to PokemonUtilities script and anywhere (outside a def of course) place the following code:
Code:
def pbLevelModifier(type,factor=1)
  @levels=[]
  i=0
  ($Trainer.party.length).times do
    @levels.push($Trainer.party[i].level)
    i+=1
  end

@[email protected]
  @sum=$Trainer.party[0].level

i=1
  ($Trainer.party.length-1).times do
    @sum+=$Trainer.party[i].level
    i+=1
  end

@averagelevel=@sum/($Trainer.party.length)

if type=="max"
      level=@maxlevel*factor
    elsif type=="avg"
      level=@averagelevel*factor
    end
  return level
end
The way you would use this is as follows: When creating a wild Pokemon Battle
Code:
pbWildBattle(species, pbLevelModifier([B]type[/B],[B]factor[/B]))
Where type should either be "max" (to find the highest party level) or "avg" (to find the average party level). Quotation marks around the types are needed! The factor value is optional if wanting to multiply the returned level by the factor percentage (where 0.01 is 1% and 1.00 is 100%)
If you'd like to place it within trainer battles, you'll have to go into PokemonTrainers, and replace
Code:
    level=poke[1]
by
Code:
if $game_switches[[b]X[/b]]==true
    level=pbLevelModifier([B]type[/B],[B]factor[/B])
  else
    level=poke[1]
  end
Where the switch X would be your trigger for level calculations. You can play around with the scripts to adjust it any way you want, but this is just a very basic method to return either the maximum level, or the average level.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Wow, this will be incredibly handy! I'm going to add it to my game, with well deserved credit of course.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Another thing would be random ranges for NPC wild battles and/or trainers
Code:
def pbLevelRange(min,max)
  difference=max-min
  level=rand(difference+1)
  level+=min
  return level
end
min would be the lowest possible level, and max would be the highest possible level that the Pokemon could reach. Where it falls between that line, is completely random.

Back