• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Noob But Not For Long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hello rom hackers ._.
    I probably won't make much after I finish my current big rom hacking project. It depends on if people actually like my work. I'm new to rom hacking, and I got dem basics of scripting down for the most part. With the right tutor, I could probably make some entertaining hacks for everyone to share :) Anyway heres a summary of my current project

Story: A side story to the main adventure, you can play through the entire game and come back to pallet town to live the whole story at once if you want!

Summary: Professor Oak, the pokemon researcher that we all know and love (and love to ignore) has been framed for murder! A strange spirit lurks around you as you play through the game, she is the victim of the murder. You're the hero, and oak is your buddy, help stop the police from putting Oak in Jail and catch the real criminal, and put a restless soul at peace in the process! It's time to save the day in more ways than one, especially if you're tired of the same old grind of Step 1: get badges Step 2: Battle elite four Step 3: beat game. Be wary though...not everything is as it seems.

Progress: (will be updated when significant progress is made)
    Pallet Town: 100%
    Route 1: 100%
    Viridian City: No change I made that patch of weirdly placed trees (I'm sure you know the ones) kind of useful. :P
    Viridian Forest: 20%
    Everywhere Else: Not even started yet :/

Help Needed:
    Spriters (just a few things, it's not a whole world changing process)
    music hacker/maker (again, just a few songs and help)
    Inserting New Trainer Sprites (both OW and in battle)
    Scripting Tutor (Pretty please? :3 )

Tools Used
    Scripting: XSE
    Map/overworld editing: A-map (basic knowledge)

Experience Level: In Between Noob and Beginner I'm a fast learner though. XD

BanditThePikachu

The Raichu of awesome
    Years
  • Welcome to PC, Naruto200!

I have found a few forums you would be interested in.
    You can check out the ROM Hacking forum for general discussion about ROM Hacking (of course.) and the Hacks Showcase to showcase your hacks.

If you have any questions/concerns, you can ask a moderator or another member. I hope you have a splendid time on PC!

~ Bandit

Years
  • Well well well, a lot of new ROM hackers are comming to PC. Good to have you here!

I can help you if you need it; scripting, spriting and all that. But also make sure to post your idea in the Hack showcase or progressing hacks, it will be most welcomed there. Little advice though: don't give away too much, i.e. the stalker!

Either way I'm X3 and I'd be happy to help you where needed, just PM me or something! Oh and welcome to PC.

Years
  • Hiya! Your thread seems to focus mostly on your ROM hack, so I think you'd be best off checking around the Emulation part of the site if you'd like assistance with these things. The New Users section isn't the best place to ask for ROM hacking help, sadly. D: Also, you're free to advertise your need for helpers and such in your signature as well!

But yeah, since this doesn't really seem like an intro, I'll have to close it, sorry! You're free to PM me if you need further help. ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back