• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2017
YAPE will bug the ROM, though.
That explains why my Aron family movepool is messed up and why I have a long pause and black screen before some batttles. Maybe is should restart and patch to Ruby again. That for your answer to the other person's question!

EDIT: It worked and I was able to use my old save data! Aron apparently has its usual moveset again.

Last edited:

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
hello evebory, i update the web, with the last version english for snakebyte,

and i have one other alternative version with modifications: POKEMON LIGHT PLATINUM +

All modification done by LCCoolJ95

New Pokédex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjqx9pS8UX4

Cries added/New Formes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSYpMq-vcgo

Plus this:

New moves added:
1383497808903_zps415a3e86.png

1383494352801_zpsab5e7cbb.png

1382826057365_zps4f592de1.png

Ditto added because Kyurem replaced him:
1382883320554_zps4f61f0b3.png

Added in a move tutor:
1384554775116_zps83bb6835.png

1384554770635_zps19cfa0d9.png

1384729003746_zpsca062fcc.png

1384554790449_zpsa2efb658.png
[/SPOILER]

To note, Pokémon from Treecko to Reshiram all have appropriate cries. Also, there's a problem with the World Championships. They don't work. But everything else works.

DOWNLOAD;
http://wesleyfg.weebly.com/download-eng-version.html

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 16, 2016
I really like this hack, i enjoyed every second while playing at it. It also gave me the will to learn how to create hacks, and I began learning how to do (mapping, scripting..) and I have a question. I was wandering from where can I have the tiles that are used in Light Platinum, I don't like the original ones. And also how we add 4th and 5th gen pokémon in a GBA hack.I know these are stupid questions but I really want to know.

Thank you very much.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
it was time that you added the cries of 4gen/5gen pokemon....but, you left shinx out Dx at least in the video shown....
P.S: did you add aura sphere too?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2017
Thank you so much! I was just thinking that you should do something like this! I think I'll do a second playthrough alongside my current one with these changes. <3 this game

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Thks bro, and remenber, it not change anything in the story and no have any new event, only improved, with new moves, change some pokémons, and i have new surprise for fans, i current working in a new hack, based in pokémon XY, soon news.

Yeeees! I can't wait for the new one! ^^

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 9, 2014
I'm stuck in this game. I'm at the part where you fight Prof. Ellis and you're supposed to get the Super Repel and give it to Luke in Mt. Vulcan to ward off the Arons', but I didn't receive it from Prof. Ellis after defeating her.

Any way to fix this?

edit: NEVERMIND. you can get a super repel from the superstore in drakebreath city.

note to the dev: you should probably give a hint on where to get the super repel.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 7, 2014
Sr, i'm a newbie so i wonder if you have implemented physical/special split in this game

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Sr, i'm a newbie so i wonder if you have implemented physical/special split in this game
Nope.

The alternate + version supports the split.
Alternate version which isn't obtainable shouldn't even be mentioned...
People will start demanding it and start flaming when they don't obtain it.

one question ive ALWAYS had is, will every pokemon ever give the right experience when defeated ?
Everyone beside Fushide (Venipede, I guess?) yes. Fushide is an exception... hmm... better said, an easter egg.
In the first LP version (which had the wrong exp giving), Fushide gave out enormous amount of exp so to commemorate this occasion, Snake decided to give players exp boost from Fushide.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 3, 2014
i think LIGHT PLATINUM IS THE ROM HACK EVER

LIKE FOREVER YEAHHHH

I PLAYED IT ALL THE TIME AND

REPEAT IT ALL THE TIME ITS LIKE MY

FAVORITE GAME EVER

Granddaddy Purp

Hero Of Time
Years
Everyone beside Fushide (Venipede, I guess?) yes. Fushide is an exception... hmm... better said, an easter egg.
In the first LP version (which had the wrong exp giving), Fushide gave out enormous amount of exp so to commemorate this occasion, Snake decided to give players exp boost from Fushide.[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/QUOTE]

Torterra, Drifblim, ralts, luxray, metagross, and much more gave a wierd amount exp o.O

edit: i messed up the quote .-. BUT HE'LL SEE IT

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Wow! Nice, Wesley :P

Btw, since Wesley's version has now split from mine, this means I will definitely not update the game again! I will leave my links up, but you should all grab the latest version from his website. Only use mine if his is buggier or something.

Back