• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this a bug, or what?

Crett

That Popcorn Guy
Years
Omanyte and Machop's cries sound exactly the same.
Vileplume and Aerodactyl too.
....I'd just like to say...
WTF?

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
You've got a point actually.
I think the cries should be like Pikachu's was in Pokemon Yellow.
Well at least Blaziken

Years
Back in the good 'ol days of R/G (That's R/B for us not-Japan residents) the Game Boy Brick cartridges could only hold so much data. To save space, the answer was to refference the same audio for different Pokemon cries. The problem with this is that it wasn't expected to explode into popularity, enough so that if they were to change the cries later, every poke'fan in the world would be able to point it out. Now, of course, there is far enough space for each Poke to have thier own sound, and will no longer need to be recycled for another Pokemon.

Amp

This is crazy.
Years
Geez, educate yourselves. Back in the day when Pokemon was on the Game Boy and Game Boy color, they couldn't fit 150 different sound bites into the game. Some Pokemon ended up using the same sound bites, only sped up/slowed down depending on the Pokemon. There are plenty of Pokemon with the same cry.

But Aircon's right, none of them are any good. Not even the Gen 4s.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
Years
But Aircon's right, none of them are any good. Not even the Gen 4s.

While the cries may not be any good, they're definitely improving, at least. Back in R/B/Y/G, and even a little bit of Gold&Silver, the cries were horrible! Like I posted in another thread, they sound like a 98 year old MIDI with a sore throat xD
But now, if you listen to the newer gens, the cries actually sound a bit like the animal the Pokemon is based on. Ex; have you ever listened to Infernapes cry? It sounds like a monkey, doesn't it. The only stupid thing about it, is that now they've got half the Pokemon with lame cries that make me want to commit suicide when I hear them, and the other half of them with reasonable cries. I wonder if they'll re-make the cries of the older Pokemon in the 5 gen???
Hopefully...

Mo Live

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Most of the cries sound the same. Some are just recycled onto other Pokèmon.

You're not the first to notice it, young grasshopper.

Back