• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WPC #29 - POLL

FISH FILLET

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #29 - POLL
    Hosted by: Logiedan
    Vote for only one entry this week.

Voting Rules:

• One vote per person (unless stated otherwise)
    • You may not vote for yourself
    • You can post which one you voted for and why
    • Critique is really appreciated to help those who struggled in votes!
    This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: Unrestricted. BOTH sprites must be in one image
    • Palette Requirements: 18 colours max each sprite.
    • Transparency: Optional (WILL NOT COUNT AS A COLOUR)
    • Animation: None
    • Other: N/A
    List of Contestants:
    NOTE: This is in no particular order or related to the order of entries below.
    ShadowMirror, Shadowraze, GolurkIsDaBomb, Discordant and Fenneking.

Entry 1
    2zgyd84.jpg

Espeon + Girafarig
    PURPLE + YELLOW
    ----------
    Entry 2
    2yzlz54.jpg

Torchic + Spheal
    BLUE + ORANGE
    Note: Torchic's is classed as red but is an exception for orange in this case
    ----------
    Entry 3
    erkegi.jpg

Camerupt + Lilligant
    GREEN + RED
    ----------
    Entry 4
    33o0g29.jpg

Electivire + Nidoking
    PURPLE + YELLOW
    ----------
    Entry 5
    amb6tw.jpg

Dragonite + Lapras
    BLUE + ORANGE

---
    Good luck!

Last edited:

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • I believe Entry number 4 is Electrivire not Elektrike. :/

I voted for Entry no.3 as it is the most beautiful one and would most likely win the wpc imo.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Entry 1:

It's unfortunate to see that this one doesn't have any votes yet given that the sprite work is good and each sprite is transformed. Though, the spriter could have had a more clear concept in mind. Overall, this is a great entry. 8/10

Entry 2:

Definitely not bad. I do think that there was a limitation on your artwork given the choice to fuse two smaller pokemon. Some of the sprite work is muddy especially on the blue torchic; it is hard to make-out if that is a tail or huge hand on its right side. 6/10

Entry 3:

Most innovative and intricate of the designs. Maybe a bit too over designed; other than that great. 8/10

Entry 4:

From a pixel standpoint, this entry has the most flaws. The blue shading under electrivire's jaw does match the color scheme, and there is a lack of outline on the top of its right hand. The lack of an outline on Nidokings' tail. The top of Nidoking's head has a jagged outline, and on the back of its head, near the neck, there is a completely unfinished area with no shading or outline. Overall, the concept is nice, but the execution of pixel art, outlines and shading, needs a lot of improvement. 4/10

Entry 5:
    This is one simple, yet clear and distinct in its concept and execution. Though, that also works against it, given it is a bit underwhelming. But perhaps simple and clean is better than conmplex and diffuse. I will give this one an 8/10 as well.

I have narrowed it down to 1,3, and 5. They're are all evenly great.

But, I really do think that 1 deserves a vote since they're obviously made with great thought and execution in the design.

Last edited:
    Years
  • And the winners are...

1zwbwjb.jpg

1st Place - Fenneking
    erkegi.jpg

3brbo.jpg

2nd Place - ShadowMirror
    33o0g29.jpg

2vcjdhw.jpg

3rd Place - GolurkIsDaBomb
    2zgyd84.jpg

2vcjdhw.jpg

3rd Place - Shadowraze
    amb6tw.jpg

---
    Congratulations to all. Good luck on the next poll.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back