• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gym Class

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
  • Ours is only 1.25 credits of Gym/Health , since freshmen recive less creditsfor health gym is required , since healt is only .25 and gym is .75 or 1.00

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Lightning said:
    Well we also have to have credits from certain "groups" of courses to pass. *digs up handbook* One of the groups requires us to have "1 additional credit in Health and Physical Education or Arts or Business"

=\ So we can choose to take gym as a mandatory in grade 10 again, but I'm taking visual arts all through high school. *shrugs* XP

hehe... we have it simple and easy to understand...

at least 100 credits earned within the 3 years of high school (gr.10-12), with the following requirements
    -English 30
    -Math 20
    -(one of the 3 science) 20
    -Social 30
    -Secondary Language 30
    -C.A.L.M 20
    -PE 10

(stupid education system values the humanities too much... i hate the humanities!)

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • See ours isnt like that , Ours is a Circle that says , History , English , Math , Foreign Language , Gym , Other Classes , And Science

Majors need 10 credits each ( 5 majors ) Gym need 1 - 5 credits , and your other classes make up the rest of your credits

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • And last year, I got a B- in PE and then my GPA went down because of that... augh... I really hate PE... It's one of the useless courses. I won't help me at all in life. I like the most useful classes like Math, Band, History, Science, English, and Social Studies. :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • We get one credit per course. And I think we need 24 credits or something. x_X I dunno. But at least it's simple to understand.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • I hate how my system is set up , if your a freshman in gold or green house , you have to take an athletic course , if your a freshman Tan or blue house , youmust take a contemporary course , like ....... health or art for the 1st semester only , then after that your free to do what you want , this semester im raking up the credits so i can get early release next semester , i only stay till 11am and im outta school

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • And do you get to choose which house you go in? If not, then I'd say that's unfair. =\

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • They sort you on your grades , which school you went to before , and the secret ID number lol

people like me will get into Tan

they just go down a 5000 name list putting 1,2,3,4 near it
    1-Green
    2-Gold
    3-Tan
    4-Blue ,
    I got stuck with 3
    and my homeroom is 3-311

3-311 < room number
    ^ ^ stands for floor
    stands for house

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Some times our Credit System makes us give away credits , Yes haruka , i also like some of the more intellegent courses , you dont have to apply to them athletically

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • Well, Band is sposed to improve your Math skills. Notes have value... like in math.. :P

I also get Paino Lessons. It makes my Computer Skills go up.. because.. I dunno. :P

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • It makes your computer .... well typing skills when you press the keys ..... thats what i learned from the instrumental teachers ....

How many Keys does a Piano Have? 88 right?

Um Gym isnt supposed to be fun , its supposed to make you fit as well as teach you different things

Doctor Itsy

I'm back!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 12, 2004
    Haruka said:
    Well, Band is sposed to improve your Math skills. Notes have value... like in math.. :P

I also get Paino Lessons. It makes my Computer Skills go up.. because.. I dunno. :P
    =/ I am 1st chair trumpet and I still get Cs in math, I don't really think you have to apply mathematical value to the notes, I mean everyone can count to 4, 2, 1...or .5(I think its .5 for 8th notes)

I think PE is important because team spirit and social cooperation, and everyone helps each other out, probably because everyone is terrified at the teacher XD

I don't see the point in exercising though, why can't we just play sports...

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Im not very good at math either .

My gym teachers are scary, escpecially the Volleyball one , he almost trampled my cousin , and she broke her ankle , that volleyball teacher is bad , he should get sued

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • jynx said:
    Urgh!!
    PE is my worst subject ever!!

agree... the next thing must be deadly English... -_-

math and physics (math related science...) are kind of easy to me... it's just formulas. You're either right or wrong. In the humanities subject there's always this grey area, where the teacher can easily give you a mark lower/hihger than what you deserve because of the teacher's biased opinions. Not to mention, if you agree with the teachers in the humanities your chances of getting a higher mark will skyrocket sometimes... in math/physics, it's either right or wrong. Even if the teacher hates you s/he can't do a darn thing to you :)

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    agree... the next thing must be deadly English... -_-

math and physics (math related science...) are kind of easy to me... it's just formulas. You're either right or wrong. In the humanities subject there's always this grey area, where the teacher can easily give you a mark lower/hihger than what you deserve because of the teacher's biased opinions. Not to mention, if you agree with the teachers in the humanities your chances of getting a higher mark will skyrocket sometimes... in math/physics, it's either right or wrong. Even if the teacher hates you s/he can't do a darn thing to you :)
    Haha that's true, we always had to take relatively hard written tests after most units in PE.:P

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    PE is also one of my worst subjects... T.T Next to it is Math. T.T I love English though. n_n;;;

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Athletics is one of my best subjects.I'm also awesome at science and math.

Back