• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sierra's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
Nobody has an idea why this is happening? In other hacks i've played and of course in the original games, all of the pokepics showing up are diplayed correctly... Why does mine not :S
is your actual sprite correctly colored? check it in unlz

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
I've got 2 problems:
First, every flag I set is unset again as soon as I leave the map or enter the pokémon menu or something.

Second, I have 3 Pokéball lying on a table, at the beginning of the game, the starters. I implemented a 'showpokepic' there, but my problem is that the first pokémon I select has alway messed up colours. It has nothing to do with the sprites themselweves, because I never edited them, and as I said, it's alway the first one I select, when I restart the game and select another, that on is messed up, but the others are normally displayed.

Hope somebody can help. Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2011
I've got a problem as well...

I'm busy with a script which will trigger an event.
During the event the script will move a sprite to the scene.
I'm trying to accomplish this with movesprite.

For some odd reason though, I can't move the sprite when it's too far away.
With too far away, I mean more than two tiles away from the screen.
When I place the sprite closer, it does work, when I place it further, it doesn't.

Code:
movesprite 0x03 0x10 0x0F

That's the command I use with there respective parameters. (I don't think the error is in there).

Here is the script, I haven't scripted the part after the first movesprite yet. Everything till the movesprite works!

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x50B
if 0x1 goto @done
checkflag 0x50C
if 0x1 goto @unav
playsong 0x0112 0x0
sound 0x21
applymovement 0xFF @1moveme
waitmovement 0x0
waitkeypress
sound 0x12
setdooropened 0x10 0x0E
doorchange
[B]movesprite 0x03 0x10 0x0F[/B]
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @unav
msgbox @1 0x06
release
end

#org @1
= blabla

#org @1moveme
#raw 0x62
#raw 0x50
#raw 0x03
#raw 0xFE

Anyone who knows the solution? (I've been trying for over an hour now, and I'm out of solutions :()

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
I have done the same thing, but simply with applymovement, and this works perfectly. You could try it that way.

An no one knows an answer to my question, 2 posts above... :(

Lanzar

~Zelda fan #1~
Years
Hey, can someone help me with a little thing? I just wonder how I make a script where a trainer comes from like 4 steps right, and challenge you, then he/she leaves? Just like in the beginning of Pokémon ShinyGold, the first battle with Carlos.

Please help. ^^

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
applymovement
trainerbattle 0x1 (The 1 is important) 0x(number of trainer) 0x0 @b4 @after

#org @after
Put applymovements here.

And you have to use tile script since you want movement before battle.

Lanzar

~Zelda fan #1~
Years
applymovement
trainerbattle 0x1 (The 1 is important) 0x(number of trainer) 0x0 @b4 @after

#org @after
Put applymovements here.

And you have to use tile script since you want movement before battle.
Thanks! :D
Well, I'm kinda noob at this, but whats a tile script?

Benzee

I got your number, on the wall
Years
Hey Diego, thanks for the tutorial, it's probably the most helpful tut out there. Just one question. After I put in the [!] for applymovement, how would I make the "beepeepeep" sound that is accompanied with it? Sorry if I overlooked this in the tut, I would just really like to know.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Hey Diego, thanks for the tutorial, it's probably the most helpful tut out there. Just one question. After I put in the [!] for applymovement, how would I make the "beepeepeep" sound that is accompanied with it? Sorry if I overlooked this in the tut, I would just really like to know.
Put sound 0x15 right in front of the movements line.

Benzee

I got your number, on the wall
Years
^Thanks. Was wondering that for quite a while. Now onto the new question.:P

This is my script for a giveitem command. The thing is, when I leave the screen, the sprite dissapears permanently. Any help?

Code:
#dynamic 0xoffset

#org @start
checkflag 0x247
if 0x1 goto @getitem
msgbox @1 0x2
release
end

#org @getitem
msgbox @2 0x2
giveitem 0xD 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
msgbox @3 0x2
setflag 0x247
release
end

#org @1
= yadayadayada

#org @2
= yadayadayada

#org @3
= yadayadayada

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 5, 2011
Hello, I read your tutorial and tried to make a script with it. Here it is:

So, I tried to compile it. After a few minor errors, I did, but it said this:

I don't get it. I thought that the offset didn't have space, but even 10,000 bits didn't work. Can you please help me??

Lol old post, but anyway I get the same problem. I used the FSF to find free space and it gave me E3CF64, I put it as the dynamic for my script in XSE and got the same error message: "Not enough space found. Cannot compile"

EDIT: My bad(lol I feel stupid) I had "FF" in search bits, while it should have been "00" for Emerald.

Last edited:

Kwajah

i'm close to the edge
Years
I followed the steps and putted my script into the game. But when i talk to the person (who should say my script) my game freezes :s

Anyone had the same problem? Then PLEASE help

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2010
I'm also wondering what flags are activated when you defeat a trainer using trainerbattle. I'm asking this because I want the trainers to battle at least two times. This worked for me in single player battles (using 0x3), but for dual battles, I can't find a way. Any help?

Or, simply put, is there a way to re-"activate" trainers after battling them?

Back