• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon team fire red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2014
    Doing a challenge vs sister,
    race to beat elite four and battle each other at the end.

Atm i have a charmeleon and nidoran. I'm thinking charzard, nidoking, gyarados, jolteon but dno for other two. Any ideas or change in plans? I kinda wanted vaporean has a tank but im thinking of laprace cause jolteon seems good.

Thanks, I haven't played in years

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Jolteon and Lapras sounds fine.

I wouldn't recommend using Gyarados. It can't use either of its STABs effectively. Water moves use Gyarados' poor SAtk, and it doesn't learn any good Flying moves aside from Hidden Power. I suggest using Psychic Pokemon like Alakazam or Kadabra, Starmie, Jynx, and Exeggutor to help with all the Poison Pokemon in the game.

As for the last team slot, I'd go for a Normal or Fighting Pokemon to round things off. Preferably something that can deal with Psychic Pokemon easily, like Snorlax. Magneton would be useful too, but you're already using Jolteon so it might be redundant.

MasterMedicham

A Medicham full of wisdom
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2016
    Choose Starmie instead of Gyarados and Lapras. It has better s. attack and speed, and with its psychical powers it can take down Weezing very easy.
    There is no good grass type in Firered so if you want a grass type I would go on Vileplume. It isn't so strong but if it learns Petal dance it becomes strong.
    For the last Pokemon I would recommend Hitmonlee. A strong fighting type Pokemon :)

Years
  • if you can trade i would recommend you an Alakazam, he tan take down almost ever pokemon in the game. Also instead of a Gyarados, a Vaporeon is better. And for the additional slot a Snorlax is always a good choice, or having a fighting tipe like Hitmonchan.

dresden_88

Warden
    Years
  • this might sound a bit risky and rewarding, but one of my favourites to use against the E4's Bruno in particular, also fairly effective against agatha; none other than, Butterfree!
    now, the real surprise is the moveset to use.
    i've found running butterfree with Sleep Powder, Dreameater, Shadow Ball and Giga Drain, to be alarmingly effective. even more remarkable that such an early-game pokemon can turn into quite a problem situationally.

i hope that helps offer up some interesting ideas :)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    The person who started this thread hasn't been on the forums since February. I think five months is a little too late for advice.

Please don't post in threads that are over a month old.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back