• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Couple Of Things

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    So, First of all, my first post, yay me! Before anyone judges me, I'm not new to Essentials, I just don't know the answers to these questions, I've contributed to the community through someone else's ID, but we're baffled!

Question 1:

Is it possible to have 2vs1 battles, like being ambushed by 2 trainers, specifically "evil" trainers, team rocket, team magma, team mash potato... You get the idea with that...

[EDIT]
    By this I meant, the opponents send out 2 Pokémon you send out 1.

Question 2:

How would I go about making encounters, variable based, I.E.

Route01
    If variable[1]==1
    BULBASAUR
    IVYSAUR
    VENUSAUR
    If variable[1]==2
    CHARMANDER
    CHARMELEON
    CHARIZARD
    If variable[1]==3
    SQUIRTLE
    WARTORTLE
    BLASTOISE
    If variable[1]==4

And so on... Will this be located within the encounters script section and how would I go about the nests showing correctly?

Last edited:
    Years
  • for question one yes you could be 1v2 without a partner just like in normal games.

as for question 2 i don't know

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    1) I believe so. I'm pretty sure you can initiate one on the overworld by triggering two sightlines at once. In an event I would suspect there is a script for that. From a cursory glance over the wiki, I think you'll find what you're looking for here: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Trainers

2)You would need to set up multiple copies of the same trainer, but with different parties. You would then use a series of conditional branches and variables to select the correct battle. Take a look at this for an example: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Rival#Rival_versions

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    Thanks for the responses, and jim42, winterkirby is right, wild encounters, trainers are simple enough, and so are wild encounters, but I'm not entirely sure how to use different encounters depending on a variable... I know it's possible... But my theory is:

In encounters script, adding if statements before land, landday etc. and adding land1, landday2... And so on, but seems tedious, and messy.

As for the 2vs1, I don't think I wrote it right, it was late and I was tired, I wanted my questions asked before I went to sleep... What I mean is, 2 trainers, 1 hero, the 2 trainers each send out a Pokemon, hero sends out 1... I suppose, making a script edit to where the game would check for 2 available Pokemon and just make it check and send out 1 if a certain switch is on... But maybe now you guys have a better understanding.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    Oh I see, and make so many txt files to accommodate the variable, thanks, I wasnt looking at the txt files as a solution, a lot more work, but seems to work :)

Back