• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Mouses and Trackpads and Touchscreens, oh my!"

What do you use to control the cursor on your computer

• Touchscreen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (e.g. trackpoins and trackballs)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    It depends on what I'm using, and how much room I have, and how I'm using the device. The click pad is very convenient - it's much better than regular track pads as I can click anywhere without resorting to a light tap. I prefer my things physical. It's also the only option when I don't have space or when I use up all 3 USB ports (I really need to get a BT mouse)

For precision work, though, I need a mouse. It's also more comfortable in the long run.

(I won't vote, because I'm both on average.)

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Mouse, because I don't really like using Trackpads, I can't stand touchscreens because I always like to touch them for no apparent reason.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • Mouse is easier for me to use that a trackpad and I hate using touch screens as I hate greasing screens up. Even though I use a laptop I need a mouse for it.

Renpuu

Gengar !
    Years
  • It's all about the USB wired mouse ! I use my PC for gaming, so I could not play without one ! Even when I use a laptop, I prefer it to be setup on a desk with a mouse !
    Mice are very important depending on what you plan to use your computer for. I bought a gaming mouse and I don't think I will want to use anything without extra side mouse buttons as they can be very useful. Even wireless devices just gives this horrible delay which is noticeable if you're used to being on computers for long periods of time or have to input actions very quickly.
    Wireless keyboard and mice combos are just horrible for me to use due to delay and also the battery usage can be annoying as sometimes it will delay more and sometimes you don't know if it's the battery or just the receiver being in a poor signal area.
    I'm currently using a Cyborg Saitek V.3 Mouse and a Microsoft Sidewinder X4 keyboard. Very happy with both as they are budget input gaming devices and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Emilia1234

Relapsed
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2013
    Touch screens are very nice on tablets, and I don't mind trackpads for general use, but, for anything requiring accuracy, I like a mouse. One problem with trackpads is that, unless your laptop has a large one, you can't always traverse the screen in one swipe.

Back