• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What're you reading at the moment?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
  • As this is J/E i guess it can mean any Japanese literature, Manga, light novels or books.

I'm currently reading around 30 different manga so i won't list them all, just my favourites.

Bakuman - Basically read all 115 chapters in a week after i decided waiting for the weekly episode would annoy me. Anyway, really love it. One of few manga that manages to make something very normal (writing manga) very exciting.

Battle Royale - I'm re-reading this and wow it's more brutal than i remember. If you haven't read it or seen the film it's about a young couples struggle to survive on an island. Survive against what? the rest of their classmates of course. xD

Deadman Wonderland - Another brutal manga although not to the extent of BR. The lead is thrown into a special prison for crime he didn't do where he is forced to fight other people known as "deadmen".

Eden no Ori - Wow, another survival manga. This one is much more typical adventure Shounen. Even though it is less unique it has lots of cool moments, also very nice art.

Highschool of the Dead - Seems to be released horrendously slowly but it has a good selection of characters, zombies and again nice art.

Kimi ni Todoke - I don't read many romance (compared to how many i watch) but this is really good. The art is very Shoujo which i don't find that appealing but it is a good read.

Kodomo no Jikan - Has quite a bad reputation but it shouldn't be avoided just because of that. The manga goes into a lot more depth than the anime did, lots of lolz as well.

Rosario+Vampire Season II - Another of my favourite manga, picking it and it's predecessor up after 'd watched the anime i was shocked when i saw that it had a plot.

To LOVE-Ru Darkness - To Love-Ru follow up, focuses more on Lala's sisters and of course Yami-chan which is a nice direction for it.

Umi no Misaki - It's not amazing but it's a lot of fun. Again i really love the artwork in this.

Others worth a mention are Kekkaishi, Bleach, KissxSis and Sora no Otoshimono.

Over to you....perhaps.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Before you start posting chapters, I'm gonna say the following: This is not to be taken as a "Last read" thread. This is just to show all the manga (series) you are currently reading. And edit your posts. Don't just add "Just started up this" and a post later, "Just started up this"

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    I am reading Kafka on the Shore by Murakami Haruki and The Tale of Genji by Murasaki Shikibu.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I've been reading D.Gray-man since this summer. I'm now reading Volume 12 which I bought quite recently, and I hope to get my hands on volume 20 soon. If that doesn't sound logical, until two weeks ago, I had all volumes (up to 19) except 12.

I'm not reading any other manga at the moment... just waiting for new material of series that have been put on hold or take their time to appear.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Right now (though both are on hold) I'm reading the Kimikiss manga and "Arisa" which is a darker high school manga by the same mangaka who did Kitchen Princess. I'm not going into the series I've already watched, at least not right now xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I would love to read some Light Novels, but sadly, I have no idea where I could buy any.

Anyways, I'm currently reading R+V II, Bleach and Naruto.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • just yesterday i finally received this animagazine i always get.
    and it had mangaa! woo! [ it's just a volume-1-tryout to get you to buy more tho, lol. ]
    twas called.. The Stellar Six !
    it's about six kids who live in this shopping street and they're all childhood friends, although they're beginning to grow apart now.. baww.
    its.. quite brainless, but good for cheering up if you're feeling blue. which i was yesterday. yaaay manga! XD;

'scuse my ramblin' <3

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • I am currently reading
    Vampire knight and Black bird.
    they are both amazing but i wouldnt recomment black bird for anyone under 16

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
    Years
  • Currently Reading;

Bleach
    Naruto

Fairy tail - Wizards is a nice change of pace from other shounen, characters are likeable, provides some good laughs.
    Vagabond - Love this manga. It's a fiction story focusing on Miyamoto Musashi, beautiful art, brilliant characters and an intriguing story.
    Air gear - not what it used to be, it's gone downhill a bit, but still quite enjoyable.
    Berserk - classic, love the art, gore, fighting etc, overall brilliant manga. Looking forward to the remake of the anime.
    Bakuman - Bit behind on this, but will hopefully catch up at some pint.

Was thinking of picking up kenichi when i have time. Was rather disappointed with the freezing anime so far but i hear the manga is much better, is it worth a read?.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • This thread.

But seriously, I'm not reading anything. I was reading the Umisho manga online, since it's one of my favorite shows, and the anime doesn't cover the entire story. I would still be reading it, but... you know. =/

Alinie

Band Geek
    Years
  • Currently hooked on Keroro Gunso by Mine Yoshizaki and Junjou Romantica by Shungiku Nakamura....yes, Junjou Romantica's yaoi. I'm sorry, I'm hooked!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Oh god, I'm reading so much it's hard to even remember! Off the top of my head, I can at least tell you that i'm reading Beyblade (rereading), Hanatsuki Hime, Are You Alice?, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, and Naruto.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Latest two chapters of Yotsuba&!

Anyone who hasn't read Yotsuba&! needs to do it now, it's by far the most cute, heartwarming, and funny manga ever. Of the ones I've read.

Back