• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Snowy Peak (dead thread)

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
Years
  • So, this is an idea I've had for a while now.
    It's basically a ROM hack of Fire Red with a region based off of parts of Colorado, and the characters (The Player, His Rivals) would be managing school and a journey to become champion.
    I have a lot of ideas for this project, including:
    1. A custom soundtrack
    2. From scratch sprites (Mostly)
    3. Some new tiles from scratch
    4. Pokemon from gens 4-7
    5. Gen 4's physical special split
    6. New evolutionary items (Gen 4's Stones)
    7. The Fairy Type

Reigon Name: Colo
    Mascot: Abomasnow

I have planned out things like the 8 gym types already, and even some of the leaders, and the Elite 4.
    Gyms:

Spoiler:

Elite 4/Champion:

Spoiler:

Evil Team:

Spoiler:

Locations:

Overworld/Large Locations:
    Spoiler:

School Locations:

Spoiler:

Other areas:

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Spoiler:

Story

Spoiler:

Phew, that was a lot.
    As you can see, I have a lot of this planned out.
    But I haven't been able to make even a little headway because either: I get demotivated, frustrated, or I just want some more done before I start. Yeah, this is just a mess of ideas at the moment.
    I just wanted to post it here so everyone could see it, and hopefully I could get some help with it.
    Or just get this idea off the ground, the designs of maps, Levels of the Gyms, and other things I haven't planned out. I am planning to have at least 1 ASM routine in there.
    I hope this wasn't too boring, and I hope I can get some help on this.
    Goodbye for now- Child Amnesiac

Last edited:

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • Ah, yes. The jobs.
    I am looking fror:

• Spriters (Someone who can design original sprites for the overworld/battles
    • Midi Editors (Someone who can edit prexisting Midis, and make them sound good in Fire Red)
    • Composers (Someone who can create original Midis from scratch for Fire Red)
    • Tile Designers
    • Writers
    • Mappers
    • Scripters
    • Debuggers
    • Trainer Designers
    • People who can help with difficulty
    • Move animations/effects help
    • People who can help with the world map creation
    • Msc. help, if you want to help out: tell me what you want to help with.

If you want one of these jobs, please tell me which one, and send me a sample of your work.
    For the midi editors/composers: send me a song playing in game.
    For spriters/tile designers: send me tiles/sprites that you've made
    For mappers, send me screenshots of the maps you've made
    For Writers/Scripters: Send me a script/sample of writing

Other projects you've worked on (If any) are appreciated.
    Just post in this thread if you want to join/send me a sample.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2021
    Hey Mate I Would Like To Work As A Writer
    Sample-The protagonist is an orphan boy living in the (first city) a professor visits them and give them the opportunity to help him in research, the protagonist and the rival(belonging to the orphanage) agree with the professor and decide to help the professor. They get their starters so they could progress their research. They are asked to do chores for the professor. While going to do the chores they find the evil team members bullying a boy for his Pokemon, they go help him and they get to know about the evil team. Then, the professor asks them to go around the region to collect badges from the towns, with each town including an additional task like to get some things, helo someone. While going on the way to the town with the 3rd gym they find the headquarters of the evil team. They decide barge in and collect info, they get to know that the evil team is trying to resurrect the legendary Pokemons. They have to be stopped so they confront the evil team multiple times throughout the game. At the last battle against the evil team leader they find out their parents are working for them and are the elites there. They don't know what to do. To support their parents or to help the legends, the rival takes the side of his parents while the protagonist helps the legendaries. A big clash takes place and as usual the protagonist wins and then goes to challenge the gym
    You Can Contact me On Discord
    PM

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • Hey Mate I Would Like To Work As A Writer
    Sample-The protagonist is an orphan boy living in the (first city) a professor visits them and give them the opportunity to help him in research, the protagonist and the rival(belonging to the orphanage) agree with the professor and decide to help the professor. They get their starters so they could progress their research. They are asked to do chores for the professor. While going to do the chores they find the evil team members bullying a boy for his Pokemon, they go help him and they get to know about the evil team. Then, the professor asks them to go around the region to collect badges from the towns, with each town including an additional task like to get some things, helo someone. While going on the way to the town with the 3rd gym they find the headquarters of the evil team. They decide barge in and collect info, they get to know that the evil team is trying to resurrect the legendary Pokemons. They have to be stopped so they confront the evil team multiple times throughout the game. At the last battle against the evil team leader they find out their parents are working for them and are the elites there. They don't know what to do. To support their parents or to help the legends, the rival takes the side of his parents while the protagonist helps the legendaries. A big clash takes place and as usual the protagonist wins and then goes to challenge the gym
    You Can Contact me On Discord
    PM

Right on, I'll consider you for a writing position.
    By the way, the story will be more character driven

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • UPDATE: I have implemented the ASM routine I wanted to Implement: Jambo51's Class Based Trainer Music.
    Now I only need some music.
    Edit: About the music, I want to know if there's a place where I can post the ideas for music I have.

Last edited:

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • UPDATE 2: Put another Jambo51 routine in there, this time it's his pre-battle musgshot routine.
    Here's the 2 routines working in tandem for a battle against Team Spade's boss

Last edited:

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • Considering ruling this project dead, the fact only one person showed interest in working on it probably tells me this was a bad idea.

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • Alright, reformatting this one. I haven't given up hope on this project. I have gotten much better at music hacking. MysticCharizard10 has still become a writer (Hopefully I'll set up a discord sometime) I might share some of my music somewhere. Anyway, this project is still very much alive.

Last edited:
    Back