• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Retrieved firered (version 0.951)

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    Introduction:
    Pokemon retrieved Firered is a Quality of life and difficulty hack of Pokemon Firered. Its the first Firered Hack to include the scrapped Pokemon from the Gsc beta. Most of the Quality of Life and mechanic features have been implemented by using Leons rombase while i took care of the Pokemon distribution and difficulty. The storyline isnt changed and ends after the second e4 battle.

Features:
    Pokedex
    ~300 Pokemon spread throughout Kanto. The Pokedex includes
    - all 151 original Kanto Pokemon. Excluding Dugtrio and Raichu, the Alola forms were used.
    All Prevolutions and Evolutions of those Pokemon that were released in later gens.
    All Gen 2 Pokemon that you could find in Kanto in gsc.
    Almost all scrapped Pokemons from the gsc Beta (no Meganium because it was avaiable in gsc, but Dynabear is in f.e.)
    GLVWA2F.png

the 5 scrapped gen 1 Pokemon revealed last year.
    Gorochu
    Another 46 Pokemon to fill up the e4 roster and to improve types that dont have many strong Pokemon.
    Scrapped Mons stats aswell as the first encounter for some of them are listed here: https://pastebin.com/n4QUxhtz

Pokemon distribution
    Each route before the e4 has atleast 2 new Pokemon lines.
    Levels have been increased by 5-10%
    Rinrin, Tigrette and Wolfman are the starters.
    I generally placed the strong Pokemon at the end of the game and the weak Pokemon at the starting routes.
    All nonlegendary Pokemon can be catched before the e4
    pre e4 Pokemon locations: https://pastebin.com/vSQA245b

Trainer battles
    levels have been increased by 10%-20%.
    The gym leaders now use Pokemon from the same egg group instead of the same type.
    Spoiler:

The e4 now has teams based on playstyle.
    Spoiler:

Most normal Trainers have kept their Teams, but have their Pokemon evolved. Trainers with only 1 or 2 Pokemon have 1 Pokemon added in addition to the other changes.
    You cant use items out of your bag in battle and battle style is set

Move and Ability changes
    New moves and abilities from Leons rombase.8 Hms have been changed.
    Spoiler:

Since roost freezed when using it, i decided to give every Pokemon that learns it recover instead

Evolution changes
    No trade evolutions. Alternative Evolutions aswell as Evolutions of new Pokemon are here: https://pastebin.com/0XRstN8q

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Other notes:
    Pokemon with a bst lower than 470 received small (5-35) base stat buffs similar to what gf did.
    EV boosting items (protein, carbon etc...) now only cost 900$.
    All tms and Evostones are buyable in celadon city in the 4th floor.
    Some sprites of the scrapped Pokemon look improveworthy. Feel free to send me better versions.
    The added scrapped Pokemon dont have their unique icons
    The pokedex is bugged, but you have the pastebin that shows the Pokemon locations

Downloads: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bup9rgfh2krjfl4/Retrieved_Firered_0.951.ips/file
    patch it onto 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).gba

Letsplays, Walkthroughs and Reviews If you Letsplay, Walkthrough or Review this game, you can send me a pm and i migth link to it here..
    short review by sevenchurces: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10075053&postcount=19
    written walkthrough by sevenchurches: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonHallOfFame/comments/dd1zjk/retrieved_firered/

Credits
    Leon for Leons Rombase
    The creators of Advancemap, Hopeless Trainer Editor, PGE, G3HS and XSE.
    AtecainCorp for the beta sprites

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    Gameplay can be considered complete and ends after the E4 rebattle. What is "missing" for a version 1.0 is icons for the scrapped mons, few Text and Ow edits and few item compatibility changes. If this doesnt bother you, you could consider it as complete.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    I tried looking at the game using gen 3 tool, from it (bcs i like to modify moves and stats), it seems some of the evolutions are weird like pangshi evolve to alakazam at level 50

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    I think thats because i use Leons rombase, which increases the amount Evolutions one Pokemon is allowed to have. Using G3hs with the ini from Leons rombase shows the correct Evolutions for me.

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
    Years
    • Seen today
    Is the battle style forced to set? I'm not really a big fan of hacks that do that. It says it's at shift but it doesn't ask if I want to switch. I'm still giving this hack a chance though because it's pretty fun so far.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    Yes battle style is set. I wanted to make the game more difficult and instaed of giving the opponent overleveld and/or overpowerd Pokemon or illegal Moves, i decided to take away the players ability to switch and use items, since the opponent cant switch or use items either. Neither the player nor the opponent being able to switch or use items sounds fair to me.
    If a lot more people request to have the ability to switch, i could see myself releasing a version that allows that for the next release.

Its great to hear, that you otherwise enjoy to play the game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    I drastically reduced the cost of ev boosting items (Protein, Carbon,...) to 900$ to help with evs.
    Postgame (seviis 4-7) there are Routes where you only meet Pokemon that give you Evs for 1 Stat.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Did you purposely design Tigrette to be the best starter? It doesn't mind Puhdi's Intimidate, while the other two suffer from it. That's incredibly annoying.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    No, i didnt think about that. In the first version, which i didnt publish here, Rinrin, Tigrette and Wolfman werent even the starters, while Puhdi was still the rival Pokemon. I changed the starters to Rinrin, Tigrette and Wolfman, because i was criticised, that the first starter trio was too weak.
    I assume you choose Wolfman? I tested Tigrette and Rinrin and had no problems. I didnt test Wolfman, but i guess i should have. I forgot that its weak to Puhdi. I will see that i change something that will make the battle easier with Wolfman for the next release.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Can Ralts even evolve? I see Kirlia and Gardevoir, but it doesn't show any evolution method. I checked on PGE and G3T.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    I checked it and it indeed doesnt have an Evolution. I looked at my backups and for some reason it changed in one backup to another without me knowing why. Other Evolutions seem to be correct. however.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I made it up to the Pokemon League rematches. I thought the Champion in the first Pokemon League was a bit bullcrap because of the Legendaries used. But this is even worse. And can you get Life Orbs and/or Leftovers in this game? I'm close to just stealing them from E4 members.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    I havent tested it but in Vanilla Firered you could find Leftovers and i assume you should be able to get them in the same place here. There is no place to get Life orbs. You think i should give the player one? I wondered if the last Rocket battle on the Sevii Islands was a good place to give the player one piece of some good battle items (assault vest, life orb,...) that you cant find elsewhere.
    About difficulty: I wanted to make the champion battle as well as the rematches stand out. I still was able to beat the Champion aswell as the E4 rebattle with a Team that was sligthly below the Level of the respective champion average. Because of that i thougth they were difficult, but since i didnt had to overlevel, totally doable.

Also, since you have played the whole game: Could you write a short review? It should be about the Pokemon distribution, difficulty, stats and abilities i gave the scrapped mons and other stuff you want to mention.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I have a team of 5 that are in the mid 80s, I'm finding the rematch teams difficult. I can soundly beat the first one, but the second one I've only beaten once so far, and that turned out to be pure luck because they've won subsequent matches.

Edit: I made it to the 4th trainer in the rematches, and lost to his lead. You need to explain how you were able to win. Dedicated EV training? I'm struggling to find an answer, you would've needed someone with a strong priority move to outspeed the 4th guy's lead Pokemon.

Short review? For a good portion of the game, I forgot the main draw was the scrapped Pokemon, I became more focused on getting heavy hitters and favorites. I'd use PGE to look at the stats of the scrapped Pokemon and a lot of them weren't impressive. The abilities on them are, it's why I kept Electiger, plus the fact that it's my starter. Bombseel and PluXXX are in my team as well, but their stats are good enough to keep. I may need a 6th Pokemon, and I doubt a scrapped Pokemon would fill that hole. The other two in my team are Togekiss (my favorite to use in a playthrough) and Gyarados.

The hack's a good showcase for Leon's ROMbase as well. The difficulty is handled very well and is one of the best original features of the game. I could tell trainers were touched up and handled with difficulty and challenge in mind. I blazed through the game because I was overleveled and spent a lot of time grinding, but that glorious run ended with the Rocket Hideout on Five Island. The level curve caught up with my team and since then it's been a struggle for the most part. Lance's Gorochu was one of the most annoying Pokemon to deal with, it was a relief to outspeed it at a later attempt after Pinsir finally evolved.

It's a fine hack, but I think good battle items should be for sale. I'm getting more frustrated at the AI having Life Orbs and getting key victories with them.

Also, a pet peeve with almost all hacks is the lack of PP restoring items being for sale somewhere. That pet peeve has reared its ugly head in the hack I played before this, and it's slowly creeping up to this one. I hate that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    I made it to the 4th trainer in the rematches, and lost to his lead. You need to explain how you were able to win. Dedicated EV training? I'm struggling to find an answer, you would've needed someone with a strong priority move to outspeed the 4th guy's lead Pokemon.

I just had a better Team. I leveld to Level 90 and my Team consisted of Dynabear, Sylveon, Deer, Dragonite, Mewtwo and Gyarados. Dragonite and Gyarados had Dragon Dance while Mewtwo had Calm mind, which helped a lot.
    And yes, Mewtwo and Sylveon had perfect evs since i added them just before the E4 rebattle. The other had their evs boosted as far as Protein, Calcium and so allowed. I remembered to my surprise i only needed 2 or 3 attempts (and i reset the whole E4 after losing one battle), so it would have likely been possible even if my Pokemon were a bit lower leveld. (In comparison i needed 30-50 attempts for the first E4).
    My advise would be to to get rid of Electiger and add a physical Tank and Mewtwo. Maybe add 2 or 3 Levels, though im not sure if thats necessary.

Last edited:
    Back