• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Binary] [FR] (Aqua Blue Remake) Untitled Open World Hack

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
  • Greetings everyone,

My name is Criminon. I have been rom hacking since I was 16. (I'm going to be 30 next month). I am the creator of the unfinished Pokemon Aqua Blue. When I saw the feedback and positivity that I received with Aqua Blue, I decided I would finish it, but I wanted to start from scratch and use what I learned from with the mistakes that were present in Aqua Blue. First one being I'm scaling the scope down to something managable, and once I'm finished with that if I have any more steam I will keep adding features. The end goal is to release a 100% finished game first and foremost.

However, new iteration is a version of Aqua Blue that is completely playable any way you want as it is open world. So far, I have the groundwork laid, but I am looking for a few people to join my team to assist with some of the more monotonous tasks. Let me lay out a bit of what this new hack does to try to entice any of you to assist me with this:

-------Features-------
    High Quality Custom Sprites
    20% chance for pokemon to die when fainted.
    You catch your first pokemon in "safari mode", and if all of your pokemon die, you go back into "safari mode".
    Safari mode is reworked to work anywhere in the game and transitions seemlessly depending on your amount of pokemon. You can walk around the world with no pokemon.
    All Gens 1-3 capturable in new encounter system.
    (Pokemon you see are based on several factors. How many gym badges you have, if it's day or night, if you're on water, if you're in a cave) All pokemon are capturable and no two playthroughs will ever give you the same experience.
    Decreased (harder) capture rates.
    Safari data for all pokemon.
    Trainer Titles. (Yes, just like other trainers you can work to earn titles, modify them on the fly, have people address you with them and you see them on your trainer card)
    Multiple stage Legendary Fights.
    Cardboard box to sneak past trainers that you don't want to fight currently.
    Laptop capable of storing Pokemon and pulling items anywhere.
    Join Team Rocket.
    Team Rocket Pokeballs.
    All dungeons reworked with new mechanics.
    New Eeveelutions.
    Day and Night.
    Tons of new items:
    Party Potion (heal all pokemon in your party).
    Name Changer (change pokemon's names on the fly).
    Galaxy Stone (Increase one pokemon's IVs all to 31).
    Shiny Stone (next pokemon you see is shiny).
    Ability Capsules to change abilities.
    XX and XXX variants of the stat boosting items. XXX Attack etc.
    Revives don't work in battle.
    Set battle mode constantly. Cannot change it.
    Full Item Crafting:
    Alchemy & Blacksmithing.
    Legendary Items (Also Crafted).
    Person (Like Kurt) that crafts Pokeballs.
    Gold and Silver ore able to be found and used.
    (Maybe a return of pokemon dropping items).
    As well as most of the hacks you see floating around here such as nature colored stats and viewable IVs etc.

-------Images-------

HDOqDjx.png
    nPWy8fn.png
    Zmlcrkj.png
    tf2IrH2.png
    586JU25.png
    wVg0oQN.png

WnEO1O0.png

wKSzxjb.png

xJ1FN2W.png

UlYNJQ3.gif
    DRQQiAB.gif
    4kTEKsq.gif
    w3xfDsB.gif

(Mind you, Eevee's ghost form isn't done being developed yet, so that is why it is appearing as ??. However this is how eevee evolves into it's ghost eeveelution)

I have the groundwork for most of these finished, and I still have my scripts from Aqua Blue. Most of the things from Aqua Blue are already imported into the new rom. I am using a JPAN/Dollsteak hybrid base, and that means that while I have a lot of scripts free, etc, it means things like writing hundreds of lines of trainer dialogue. Also because there is the ability to encounter trainers with no pokemon, as team rocket, or as a cardboard box, there is different dialogue. This means even more writing. I'm a firm believer that generic text like this should be wrote by as many people as possible to avoid the game sounding or becoming stale / samey.

Unless our ideas go hand in hand, this isn't asking you to help me create the story or even come up with gameplay elements (But I'm all ears!) This is what I'm looking for (in order of necessity):

1. Trainer Dialogue Writers
    2. Bug Testers
    3. People willing to insert Pokemon and make sure stats are correct
    4. People willing to insert new moves and abilities past Dollsteak
    5. Tileset inserters / mappers (I'll do the artwork, you insert)

In closing, I want to say anything that I'm asking of you guys who want to join my team is nothing that I cannot do myself. I am simply trying to expedite this process and bring myself closer to completion.

I have a complete excel file with all offsets used documented, items and where they are placed, where asm is located, what does what, and another excel file dedicated to trainer dialogue. I'm very serious about this project, and I work on it daily. Whether you're great at code and want to help with adding and inserting abilities etc or you have very little experience but think you can write some fun and engaging dialogue (you can put yourself in as a trainer) Please let me know. I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Intro Text
    It has been 5 years since Red defeated Team rocket, completed the Pokedex, and became Champion.
    Without Team Rocket's influence, Kanto has become a peaceful region only rivaled by it's wonderful love for Pokemon.
    Due to more advanced travel, pokemon from other regions have become more common place.
    However, things aren't as they seem on the surface. An unknown phenominon has caused many Pokemon to change colors.
    Rumors of Team Rocket's return have emerged. New and powerful trainers and Pokemon are on the horizon. Welcome to <Unnamed>!

Last edited:

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • Why don't use Leons rombase? It's way better and bug free.

I started working on this before that base was released, and it's not bug free. I went to mexico last week and played through it while I was flying. I ran into a bunch of bugs.

Also I don't think it's compatible with JPAN engine.

Last edited:

Delta231

A noob
    Years
  • I started working on this before that base was released, and it's not bug free. I went to mexico last week and played through it while I was flying. I ran into a bunch of bugs.

Delta231

A noob
    Years
  • I started working on this before that base was released, and it's not bug free. I went to mexico last week and played through it while I was flying. I ran into a bunch of bugs.

I meant that it is bug free than MRDS Rombase. Looking from the story amd features hack looks promising. Good luck!

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • I meant that it is bug free than MRDS Rombase. Looking from the story amd features hack looks promising. Good luck!

Honestly if I could take their base, remove all of the trainer scripts, add JPAN's features in, I would use it. It would be really nice having everything updating that much. I appreciate the good wishes!

HKGLenstid

Writer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2019
    Hi I'm interested in assisting with Trainer Dialogue Writing. You can contact me at H.K.Glenstid#8874 on discord.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2021
    So I had an idea of making a third entry in the leafgreen and firered series and I wanted to call it Oceanic Blue but now I don't know if I want to make it because this is already in the works mmmh :/

Back