• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm wondering... is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatOneGolurk

Amateur
Years
  • Let's say there is a Rampardos, with full Attack and Speed EVs, he is under the effect of Belly Drum (through Baton Pass), and he has Head Smash.

Considering your Pokémon had no Defence boost stats (Iron Defence), or KO stopping stuff (Like Focus Sash or Endure), would it be possible for them to survive?

I've been wondering for quite some time, but I was never capable of trying myself.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 1, 2015
    For one it would depend on the Pokemon and their EV and IV spreads but to put it bluntly whatever Rampardos would be hitting with a Belly Drum behind it and assuming it has a Choice Band as well with Head Smash would most likely be 2HKO'ed if not outright obliterated given how tremendous Rampardos's attack stat would be at that point, second to only Kyurem B and Deoxys A of all things.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • It might be a better idea to run your above scenario through a damage calculator (Google for those). But judging from the above situation, I'd say that not a lot of Pokemon can survive a +6 Head Smash.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Please use the corresponding Q&A thread for questions. In this case, you probably could have asked in B2W2 or Battle Center.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back