• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[FR/LG] Title Screen Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 9, 2009
Very nice work :P and thanks a lot :P
Anyway, Has anybody tried importing Venusaur and the Venusaur tilemap rom Leaf Green to Fire Red?
I remember once me doing that time ago... but with R/S. I imported the Sapphire tilemap and Kyogre into Ruby and it worked perfectly. I don't remember if I did anything else on it... but it was Sapphire's titlescreen indeed... and it was Ruby.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
nice, but how do you change "fire red version" and 2004 Gamefreak from the title screen

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 9, 2009
^Read page 4. You've got the offsets there. It is explained in this thread... even with picturres.
Just look up within the thread.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 9, 2009
Okay! Sorry for double posting...
Well I got something good that could help a few on their hacks.
As we can all see, it's better editing Venusaur from LG than Charizard in FR, because you can't fit something very well over Charizard's image...
Well, just wanted to show you guys you could all do this:
PokemonFireRedU_01.png

How was that Ho-oh in the Leaf Green tutorial placed?? It was placed THANKS to Venusaurs size... and it's easier to arrange the Venusaur image than arranging Charizard's.
You just need to follow the same steps in this guide. Save the image in black & white.
Grab a Leaf Green rom, go to 2012 which is Venusaur's image. Export it, after this hit "Next"
You'll see a "messed up something" very similar to the one we saw in the tutorial in page 4, Hit RAW DUMP.
Okay your done with Leaf Green... Open your Fire Red Rom. Goto 2012, then go to File - LOAD RAW. Load the raw you dumped from Leaf Green and then Write To Rom. Then go to 2011 which is Charizard and click "Import", choose the Venusaur image you exported earlier from Leaf Green and import it.
On that window with a few options, uncheck the "Auto abort if new data is bigger" and check the "Automatically fix pointers", Search for empty space in your ROM and set a new Image Offset. Click "ok" and you are done. Test your fire red ROM and you'll have the same exact image of Fire Red with Venusaur's image.
It's something very simple to do... If some of you just want to go through a quick way, do this I just explained. It's more comfortable editing Venusaur than Charizard for the titlescreen.

By the way... This is an old titlescreen of mine of a Ruby hack:
CrystalClear_01.png

I did the "Crystal Clear" version logo with photoshop, indexed it and all, But when I do this with Fire Red I always mess it up. Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong? I've even used the right colors... I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong :(

derv1205

Trade/Battle/Breed/Clone (X,B2,D)
Years
Yes, the title screen that i showed up in this page:
MuestraPortadaLucario.gif

I made it that way, i change the title screen in LeafGrean and insert all (the picture
and the tile map) to FireRed and it worked ^^
The problem in your name "CRYSTAL ..." is that, FireRed isnt the same as
Ruby, the colors are different (in Black and White), just try to recolor everything, all
the pixels have to be with the FR colors ^^ It would take a long time, but just be patience xD ^^
I can help you with that if you want, just PM me ;) ^^

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 9, 2009
Well I used Fire Red's pallete for it too, I know they use different colors lol

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
There have been some offtopic conversations in here, and the thread's creators also requested this to be closed, so, closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back