• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ryan Ferguson - Serving a 40 Year Sentence For a Crime He Didn't Commit

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
  • I tried a search and found no mention or thread about Ryan Ferguson on PC, so I thought I'd post one here. This is not news, it's actually quite old. This thread is just to discuss his situation and perhaps other flaws in our judicial system.

Imgur said:
    This is Ryan Ferguson
    eVH6HGC.png

In 2005 he was sentenced to 40 years in prison for the murder of Kent Heitholt.

There was no physical evidence against him.
    xTGBcYv.jpg

Though there was plenty of evidence at the scene; hair, fingerprints, and shoe prints, none of it matched him.

"My life was taken because the jury made a decision based off of lies."
    -Ryan Ferguson
    uCpsRx5.jpg

He was convicted based off of the testimonies of two people. Both of which have since admitted to perjury (lying to the judge).

Jerry Trump- The perjured witness
    9WoYEei.jpg

"I would like to ask forgiveness from Ryan." Jerry Trump tearfully admitted to perjury at Ryan's Habeas Corpus.

Chuck Erickson- The false testimony
    YqrpniV.jpg

"And, I lied...I lied." Chuck Erickson, who once blamed Ryan for the crime, has since admitted to perjury.

GG9xOei.jpg

Despite the new evidence that proves Ryan's innocence, he was denied a new and fair trial.

A petition was started.
    ovcww7a.jpg

And after only having 22,000 signatures for nearly a year, the petition jump started.
    The petition has since been submitted to Governor Jay Nixon, but no trial has been scheduled yet.
    Source: http://imgur.com/gallery/mcd4f

No evidence. Witnesses who have admitted to false testimonies. No Motive. And yet, Ryan Ferguson is still in prison, serving a 40 year sentence.

Now you may think that we have no proof that he's innocent, but we can all agree that he deserves a new trial. Anyways, discuss.

On a side note, if you want to help/show support: Facebook - Change.org Petition - Website

Years
  • I would sign the petition but I don't live in the US.

Take solace in that it is not just your Judiciary that has had serious problems with convicting innocent (or at least seemingly innocent) people. But this case takes the case, their was no physical evidence against him and only two witnesses who have both admitted to perjury... the reasoning behind that there has been no re-trial yet is beyond me, especially since he probably should have one the first time anyway.

Back