• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DS Question

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Hey I was wondering about something...

untitled67.png

How is this possible?

perthskies

Nostalgic
Years
Call me gullible if this is a joke or not...

Theoreotically that sounds possible, more or less, it's probably like a private network using long range communcation... internet? *shrugs* Or perhaps just like with mobile phones, they'll have stations set up globally... but that would probably be too expensive not to mention this sort of feature would probably incur an outside fee.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
it basically uses blue toothe technology. a DS sends out a small signal if that signal picks up on another DS's signal, the two can communicate with eachother (Pictochat anyone?). In order to have the massive amount of people connected to eachother, you must be near a hotspot, an antenna device that amplifies your DS's signal and broadcasts it on a wide scale. Any DS's that pick up the new signal will be able to connect to your DS. This is what makes online play possible on the DS. Just hope that Nintendo utilizes it somehow...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 7, 2005
I believe that if you are near a wireless internet connection(the hot spot) that will broadcast it for you. This doesnt necessarily mean u need one, if ur neighbors have one, it shouldnt b 2 far away for u to use.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
amphros23 said:
So basically anywhere that has wireless internet? Like coffee houses or ppls homes or even schools?
not really...these hotspots are built in various parts of the country. I think they may be the same thing as the cells that make cell phone technology possible. These antena devices are located at the top the very power poles that run alongside your local strets/highways...

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
tmbjr said:
it basically uses blue toothe technology. a DS sends out a small signal if that signal picks up on another DS's signal, the two can communicate with eachother (Pictochat anyone?). In order to have the massive amount of people connected to eachother, you must be near a hotspot, an antenna device that amplifies your DS's signal and broadcasts it on a wide scale. Any DS's that pick up the new signal will be able to connect to your DS. This is what makes online play possible on the DS. Just hope that Nintendo utilizes it somehow...

I hope that Online play is actully possible this time. Nintendo basically said that online play is just a fad, but look where it is now, Gamecube has some online capibilites but barely any. There could be so much potential with it and its not too late for Gamecube, I just hope Nintendo will actully listen to its fans, and not blow it with the DS.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
I do hope Nintendo puts something in play with the online thing. Maybe even being able to battle or something on it (it would be great if there was so way to tell who it was so maybe PC members could battle).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 7, 2005
tmbjr said:
not really...these hotspots are built in various parts of the country. I think they may be the same thing as the cells that make cell phone technology possible. These antena devices are located at the top the very power poles that run alongside your local strets/highways...

Are you sure, b/c I read that it used ur own cable hookup internet, or something like that.

Carlito-san

Wooo! I'm from South Park!
Years
It has been confirmed that signals send through ANY hot-spot.Also,We could make a name thread for our ds's,so if im happy dude and i post it,Andy's Jim(hypothetical)and he posts it,and i see jim,ill know its Andy.

Back