• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon World Maps & Ideas

What is north of the janto/kohto region area

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Epic fail. This has already been discussed at length before, I think; I doubt it was stickied, though personally I think it would be good of the admins to sticky a proper regional map in this Pokémon General section.

Seems people have beaten me to it, but here's what I think is the best (or at least most professionally done) regional picture.
    Doesn't take much intelligence to figure out that Hoen is turned on its side in the game, likely so it fits in the Gameboy Advance's 16:9 screen.
    Kanto is in fact the exact same name of that actual region in Japan on which the Pokemon region is based, by the way.

I wonder where they'll go when they run out of regions... :3

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Last edited:

Cid

Years
  • I can't believe that the four Regions are just like Japan!

So I guess the next generation/true-RPG of the Pokemon world will still be based on a place in Japan...

Cid

Years
  • No, actually, you don't have to, since some say that Sinnoh IS above Kanto and Johto, much like the format of Japan...

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    eventhough the regions are inspired on Japan, it doesn't mean the land in the games looks like Japan. It's fantasy, who knows.. perhaps it's a whole different world the size of Pluto.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Acually it is. Its probably like that so the 4th piece is twice as long as the other 3 or so they dont make it so huge and just have a large emptiness of clouds to cover the new region(s). So yeah ask nintendo if that doesnt help you Also i will edit this in a sec I forgot a quote.

sorry big pics
    Map.jpg

and

pokemonworldmap.jpg

nugoku is the next region, at least that what i think... because in firered and leafgreen there was team rocket sciencetist who said, " I'll show the boss, transfere me to the nugoku region..." so thats were 5th gen will be i think
    Ok thats really nice. Nugoku region. I like. Also if the whole game world is that then wow we got a lot of regions to cover before pokemon dies. If it does.

Last edited:

Cid

Years
  • Oh, so there WILL be a new region called Nugoku region... First time I've heard it, or maybe I just forgot...

But where in Japan do you guys think is the Nugoku region? Is it really below Sinnoh?

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    i think the regions from the console games and pokemon ranger shouldn't be in the official canon, nor the orange islands.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well the map I posted first didnt show the orange islands on the map. It had a box with the seviis on top mewtwos island lab place thing in the middle and orange islands on the bottom. Also we all know (if not just me) that johto and kanto are just 2 of 5 mainland regions. There will be 2 northwest and northeast and one in the middle connecting all 4 with a giant tower that leads to them with routes. Island regions like sinnoh and hoenn will never be made again unless the sinnoh region mnt coronet line is only one part of 3 or something like that. I gotta say though I do not know how tht is possible

Madara Uchiha

1017 BRICK SQUAD ******
    Years
  • What an interesting thing there Darkcookie_93. and I'm always wondering if Sinnoh is just right side of Kanto and Hoenn is in left side of Johto. It seems my guess was right. lol.....

Hmmm...... I wonder what region will it be above Johto and Kanto. I guess I'll have to wait for Pokemon Opal. Hahaha...

^_^
    what is pokemon opal and how do you know what it is

Back