• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: DS Map Graphics Editor

Do you want Platinum, HG/SS and BW first Map for the first release?

• Yes

Votes: 396 90.8%
  • No, later

Votes: 40 9.2%

• Total voters

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
^^

Expanding function in DS : Only 00 values worked (same as delete block option). I can find the values for approximately different coordinates (see my last screen), but i can't calculate the right values for DS. If anyone can help me (Pichu2000, etc...)

After that, the last things to do for textures research are 3D moving and block rotations (for the sand in center).

2lvkd4l.jpg

Alright, it appears what seems to be a removal of the flowers on the whole map alltogether, it looks to me like you've removed the flowers from the texture objects on the map, so which means the flowers don't appear.

Unless I could be mistaken. xD

Years
WOW i interesting :) if done i will translate into my language, also a video tutorial (in my language too)

@zark: wow you just using this tools or something ? XD yeah is funny but is look badly texture xD

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Just popped in to ask, how's development going?
I've been tracking it for a few weeks and just wanted to ask.
It's a shame I can't contribute. I wish I could.

Years
Hi, Link_971. I have something else for spanish translation:

Spoiler:

PD: Why are not the names of the maps in Spanish in his section translated?

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Hey Link,

Japanese translations are coming, just busy with University at the moment, but should have time after the next two weeks are over.

ruup20

Gonna splash everybody!
Years
Yes, it works! Thank you! Look at my attachment.
Oh and i know dutch, maybe i could help with translation.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
3D Textures moving function (alpha).
With this function, you can move every tree (for example) where you want on the Map.

34109458.jpg

Thanks to pichu2000 for his explanation.

After that, i hope we can keep only a polygon for superposing texture into a block (flower etc...).
In future, i think it will possible to create an moutain or any complex creation in the Map.

xyzcoordinates.png

Yes, this is exactly what we need for a map editing tool. After all, like I said... it is based on 3D map editing. And that is also what is used in most 3D editing tools.

Firstly... there's width, secondly... there's height and thirdly... there's depth.

And that... explains the three dimentions.

X = width
Y = height
Z = depth

But with 2D on the GBA and earlier, you've only got width and height, right? xD

Great to see that we've finally been shown an image of a 3D editor. Now for the part of making one... I just wonder how to make a 3D editor that will edit the objects in the 4th and 5th generations? 'Cause to be honest... I have never made a tool that edits a ROM before (if only if I learned how to xD).

I'm looking forward to a new mapping interface, I'm so adapted to the DS editing that I have trouble editing the GBA now ('cause I'm not used to it xD).

The DS editing is much more advanced and more easier to locate the files to edit, so many tools that could be able to be selected with a main NDS editor. In a way... it's not that it's hard or anything, it's more of the case that it will take alot more time than the previous handhelds. After opening up the DS generation... I'm sure it will open up alot more ideas to many people to see ways of creating tools that will edit any kind of ROM.

The next thing on the list of creating a Pokémon DS map editor is...
Creating a 3D interface that will read the map data.

• Creating a program to open up the ROM
  • Editing a single part of a map
  • Changing a movement permission
  • Planning a 3D interface
  • Creating a 3D interface that will read the map data
  • Creating a function that will move an object or model around on the 3D interface
  • Creating a function that will change the size of movement permissions and edit them
  • Create a function that will allow you to change the location of the map
  • Allowing sprites to be viewable on the interface
  • Having an object, model, texture and animation editor. (optional, but can be added later)
  • A weather editor
  • Having a list of normal objects and models to choose from that will show a 2D picture of the object or model read from an angle of the object or model that is read directly from the ROM, not from an actual picture.

Good luck on the map editor, Link_971. I'm so looking forward to seeing the next SVN with a 3D interface. ^^
And here's a tutorial if you need help with anything for creating a 3D object or interface.

Last edited:

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
Years
First off, it isn't the first ds editor for those posters :P
Hex editors are what I've been using to map my hack New Red. Plus there are a few buggy editors, best one I've seen was one by toolmaker Mewthree9000, it was basically a confusing editor without a preview.

But it worked :P

I hope this is real, I've only seen 5 fake ones before.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Wow, I can't wait. It stood that it was buggy and that I should wait for a official release, and I'm no good at english so I didn't find a download. Can somebody help me?

Back