• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which is the best non-legendary pokemon from generation 2 and 3?

SebastienBlue

Steel type trainer
Years
  • I wonder what would be the best choice to be in my party of pokemon.
    For my brother's fire red, he was using Zapdos all along. And seriously Zapdos is imba.
    Yea, my choice would go to Magneton. I'm a steel fanatic yea but I'm interested to know, which is best choice.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Hmmm... I had a lot of strong ones, but I'll categorize them according to gen.
    2nd, I think it's Ampharos and Steelix and Tyranitar, in 3rd, Metagross, Milotic, Flygon and Absol.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    If this is in-game, I went with Magneton, but Raichu is just as good if not better.

If it's out of game then most electric types will work. Electabuzz is easy to train and Ampharos is a solid choice (except for it's defense....which sucks).

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I'm not big on Electric types, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Raichu. It's pretty diverse.

But other than strength, it would definitely have to be Manectric. It was my lucky charm pokemon. Every time I had it on my party, I had good luck in the game.

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Second generation, Steelix was awesome, tyrantiar was ownage, and heck so was skarmory!

Third Generation, Salamence, Swampert and Metagross reign supreme and still top tier pokemon this generation, great pokemon for anyone.

EDIT: oh electric???

Well second was ampharos, it's sweet...
    And third, I really liked and still like manectric, one sweet pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    My favorites are Bangirasu and Bashaamo. Bangirasu/Tyrnitar has awesome stats. I didn't notice that when I played Silver; didn't care much about stats back then.

SebastienBlue

Steel type trainer
    Years
  • I see. I would have prefered Manetric too. Can't get it FR.
    I also caught an Electabuzz but it had an hindering nature. zz
    It had a careful nature, boosting it's special defense rather than it's special attack and attack zz

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    I would say, Ampharos. Then Magnetric.

Pika has very low defense , HP, and SP Defense. Its good for a ohko'er.
    Electabuzz is Solid especially being able to learn all the punches.
    Magneton has an unnessicary type weakness if your looking for just electric. I would rather have normal moves be effective than be so weak to ground, and also fire.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I just remembered metagross when you said magneton in the first post. Milotic and Blissey are like ubers.

Soufiane

Incorruptible #1
    Years
  • Generation 1, Are... In my opinion, Snorlax, Dragonite, Nidoking, Muk
    Generation 2, Are... In my opinion, Tyranitar, Ampharos, Umbreon, Kingdra
    Generation 3, Metagross, Salamence, Crobat

Cant think of more

Back