• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event Troubles

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2015
    Alright, so I'm currently trying to make part of the story for my game, where you enterthe forest and you have to find and defeat six trainers before you can advance. After defeating a trainer, a police officer is supposed to appear and take them away after the battle. However, when I run the game, it only happens with one trainer. When you beat any of the other 5, the game freezes, and you can't do anything except close it. I have no idea why this is happening.

The working event:
    Spoiler:

The non-working version event:
    Spoiler:

Sorry about the image sizes.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2015
    It's supposed to add 1 to what the variable currently is, to keep track of the number of Trainers that have been defeated. What you have simply sets it to 1.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Use Essentials v11 - it fixes a bug which restores trainer comments and undoes any changes you've made. I don't know why one of your trainers works, though. Alternatively, the fix is mentioned in the "Bugs & Errors" sticky.

Alt + PrtScn will take a screenshot of just the currently selected window, rather than the entire screen.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I don't know, then. Have you made sure you're putting the Officer in places where he can move? You're not using "Ignore if can't move", so if they're getting stuck the game will freeze.

You may also want to set the Officer's "Through" ON and OFF while moving.

Back