• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Keyboards

Years
  • 99% of my screen time is done on my laptop which is an ASUS.... I think has a membrane because of the short keys. It does get frustrating that 1/2 hits on the keys are not usually registered but I guess that's the price of using a sleek laptop.

My desktop, however, has a mechanical keyboard set up. It isn't designed for gaming, but I also didn't have over $100 to shell out for it, especially considering how infrequently I use it.

Years
  • I'm too lazy (both in build and in shopping) for custom builds, so I just swapped out my old Coolermaster tenkeyless board for a Vortex Cypher. I was too afraid to go full 60% because I like arrow keys, and the Cypher has home/end/pg up/pg down buttons, which I use often enough to want without using a function layer. Apparently a lot of people don't dig the plastic case but I don't care.
    Here's what it looks like with my enjoyPBT Valentine keycaps. If you're sharp eyed you'll notice the pg up/pg down/end keys aren't the right profile. Thankfully the set came with the the smaller right Shift.

Ironically I was swapping boards to go from blue to brown switches for noise reasons... was supposed to get a new roommate, but now my boyfriend is moving in, and he never minded the noise from my board. Whoops. Browns are fine to type on and it really is quieter, but I kinda miss the obnoxious clickiness of the blues.

I just do not understand why people go so mad over different keyboards. :')

They're interesting to look at, you can get boards as big and as small as you want, you can get keycaps to customize the look further, and the different switch types you can get (which there are a ton if you really dive into the hobby) all feel different to type on.

If you don't spend a lot of time typing it might feel like a waste, though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm too lazy (both in build and in shopping) for custom builds, so I just swapped out my old Coolermaster tenkeyless board for a Vortex Cypher. I was too afraid to go full 60% because I like arrow keys, and the Cypher has home/end/pg up/pg down buttons, which I use often enough to want without using a function layer. Apparently a lot of people don't dig the plastic case but I don't care.
    Here's what it looks like with my enjoyPBT Valentine keycaps. If you're sharp eyed you'll notice the pg up/pg down/end keys aren't the right profile. Thankfully the set came with the the smaller right Shift.

Ironically I was swapping boards to go from blue to brown switches for noise reasons... was supposed to get a new roommate, but now my boyfriend is moving in, and he never minded the noise from my board. Whoops. Browns are fine to type on and it really is quieter, but I kinda miss the obnoxious clickiness of the blues.

They're interesting to look at, you can get boards as big and as small as you want, you can get keycaps to customize the look further, and the different switch types you can get (which there are a ton if you really dive into the hobby) all feel different to type on.

If you don't spend a lot of time typing it might feel like a waste, though.
    We should be friends 8D

Great looking keyboard! ePBT I've heard is nice, I just don't have any of their keycaps myself. I prefer to run the uniform DSA profile (so I can mix and match colors wherever since they are not sculpted) and often even blanks ahha; it's really hard to find keycap sets with Nordic Swedish layout that aren't outrageously expensive, so I'd be running the wrong legends anyways and have mostly learned to just touch-type with blank caps.

The Vortex Cypher looks like a nice board in general! I've ordered a new board with white box switches that will arrive in uh september-october some time ahah. It will be interesting, as they will be my first clicky. I have a few clicky test switches I've put into my DZ60 for fun (Jade, Navy, Pale Blue and one Box White) and the pale blue actually makes the nicest sound, but it's too heavy for my smol fingers.

Back