• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Oh looking great. How about VilePlume ? And all are fantastic on your way. I wish you best of luck ! Lvl 38 Gyradose ? cool get your Pokemon leveled up ! oh... Your Rhydon got faint ? I prefer you level up your Pokemon by VS seeker.
Best for trainers to train gyarados will be battling hickers with high level pokemon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Time for another update!

So since my last update, I defeated Flannery easily thanks to my Marshtomp. I even took down Norman as well, who I was worried about due to not having anything that could easily take down Normal types. Sableye came to my rescue though, as well as Gloom who poisoned that Slaking for us.

Did the Weather Institute thing with Team Aqua and got Castform, who I think I will actually use this time instead of boxing it. Never used it before.

So right now, I am training for Winonna who will be a pain since I have no electric types or anything that could easily take down flying types. Bahh.

The team:

259.png
Marshtomp Level 34

302.png
Sableye Level 32

264.png
Linoone Level 32

44.png
Gloom Level 32

Spr_4d_351.png
Castform Level 28

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I had a lot of time to play yesterday, so I got quite a bit done.

Heading on to Route 11, I continued to train my Pokemon to face off against Lt. Surge. Angel was going to be my main Pokemon for that gym. He learned Dig from a TM and practiced it against plenty of Electric Pokemon. Once all the trainers on the route were defeated with ease, we set our sights on Surge to get our third badge.

That gym was so easy. Angel was faster than Raichu and took that mouse down with a Dig attack and a quick Horn Attack to finish it up. The Thunder Badge was in hand. With it, we headed back to Cerulean City to get to the Rock Tunnel.

Along the way, I evolved Angel into the BEST POKEMON EVER because Nidoking.

With all the Rock types in the area, Val got a lot of training. Ender got a little too to take care of any Fighting types, since he learned Aerial Ace. We stumbled around in the dark Rock Tunnel for a while because I wasn't about to go back to Route 2 and get Flash when I have a perfectly good map to follow.

Stumbling out into the sunlight, we took care of the last few trainers before entering Lavender Town to rest up.

Team:
Valentine the Clefairy - level 29
Andy the Pikachu - level 27
Angel the Nidoking - level 30
Ender the Charmeleon - level 27
Ch'Ding the Farfetch'd - level 12

Bidoof Overlord

All hail Raticate
Years
Standing in LeafGreen Nuzlocke, not knowing what lies ahead.
The game has finished, and the end is near.
All six of my current team is at lvl 63.
The remaining eight significant replacements are at lvl 50ish.
Elite four has been beaten before, can it be beaten again?

And I've played Ruby for the third time. Never gets old.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Great job. If you have all Pokemon above level 68 or 63 its nothing to worry. The highest Pokemon in the league with most exp gained will be 63 or something. And well best of luck on your league.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Yeah easily elite four can be beaten with this team. I beated them first time with all 6 pokemons at lvl 48-55.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Update!

Snowed in today so I played more. So since my last post, I defeated Winnona, who was a pain. Had to rematch her twice. Castform was our savior though. The combo of Hail + Weather Ball was amazing, taking down most of her team in one hit. Tropius and Skarmory needed the Sunny Day + Weather Ball combo though. Glad its over. Always hate going up against Winnona.

After that, I traveled to Lilycove, one of my favorite places in Hoenn. Went to the Safari Zone and picked up a Natu. Never used one before, nor Xatu. Excited to use them. Needed a flying type anyway for flying to and from cities.

So I basically have all six team members finally. I think it's a pretty good team. Got me this far. Gonna give Linoone Flamethrower and Thunderbolt to serve as my Electric and Fire types who are missing.

Oh! Marshtomp evolved!

260.png
Swampert Level 37

302.png
Sableye Level 34

264.png
Linoone Level 34

44.png
Gloom Level 33

Spr_4d_351.png
Castform Level 33

178.png
Xatu Level 26 (Just caught)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Updating now before I get a lot of playtime in tomorrow and Sunday.

From Lavender Town, we headed west to Celadon City. Shopping spree! Only not really because I'm saving up money to exchange it for coins at the Game Corner. Why is Ice Beam so expensive and rare to get. So to get money, we tore through the Rocket Hideout, where Ender and Val did most of the damage in preparation for the gym.

Maybe a little too much preparation. Ender was over-leveled for the gym, and Erika handed over the Rainbow Badge after a swift defeat.

With the Silph Scope in hand, we headed back to Lavender Town to fully explore the Pokemon Tower. Now it was Andy's time to fight in order to catch up in levels with the rest of his team. Before he started fighting Gastly everywhere, he made the decision to evolve into a Raichu. This helped him get through the Tower's possessed guardians with ease, while his sister Val helped to handle the wandering spirit of the Marowak.

With Mr. Fuji saved and Poké Flute in hand, Fuchsia City is our next goal. Right after Ch'Ding helps us to capture a lot of Pokemon.

Team:
Valentine the Clefable - level 35
Andy the Raichu - level 32
Angel the Nidoking - level 33
Ender the Charizard - level 36
Good ol' Ch'Ding who hasn't changed at all

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Alright, since my last update, a lot has happened. I made it to Mossdeep City and took down Tate and Liz. They were quite a pain. Solrock and Lunatone were both tedious. I honestly probably should have leveled up more before the fight, but we made it out. After that, I obtained the Sun Stone and evolved Gloom into Bellossom! Decided to go with Bellossom over Vileplume because I have used Vileplume a lot in the past.

We then took care of the whole Aqua and Magma hideout thing where both Kyogre and Groudon were awakened. Then we had to wake up Rayquaza to tell them to stop fighting and yadda yadda yadda. After that was all cleared up, we took on Juan. Bellossom pretty much destroyed him. Kingdra was a pain but we made it! All eight badges are mine now!

Now to do Victory Road and train a lot for the Elite Four. I am also thinking of picking up a Spheal to level up and help out with Drake and those pesky dragons. We'll see what happens!

The team:

260.png
Swampert Level 42

264.png
Linoone Level 41
182.png
Bellossom Level 41
Spr_4d_351.png
Castform Level 38

178.png
Xatu Level 38

302.png
Sableye Level 35 (Might swap out for Spheal)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Stiles., Walrein was a giant help to me when I played through Ruby. It was the best choice of Pokemon to get through Drake out of all the ones I had.

--

I had a lot of playtime to catch up on things, though my in-game timer shows a longer playtime because I kept the game running while eating supper.

Ch'Ding did indeed help me catch quite a few Pokemon. I doubled the amount captured in my Pokedex as I ran through places that I had already gone through. With several new Pokemon chilling in my PC boxes, the team headed to Cycling Road. For a while, I trained Val up into a Poison-type killing machine against the same few trainers, and then we moved on for some more experience. And money!

It was only a brief stop in Fuchsia City to rest and stock up on Ultra Balls before we flew back to Lavender Town and headed south along Route 12, Silent Bridge, and that maze of fence. The rest of the team got to enjoy some battles, gaining experience and earning enough money to get enough coins for a beautiful Shadow Ball TM. Val loves her new move, using it to take down the random Psychic trainers in Koga's gym. She pretty much single-handedly took on that entire gym herself, but Angel was also used. He had a little bit of trouble against Koga's Muk until Andy reminded him to use Surf to get past Muk's Acid Armor. The fifth badge was now ours!

To Saffron City we go! Unable to do anything else thanks to all the Rockets, our first goal was the Silph Company dungeon. Those warp tiles would drive me insane, so we're following a guide to get through the building using the least amount of warp tiles. And gaining more experience. And money! Because we need one more TM and then the team is pretty much perfect.

Once Ender learns Slash. Boy needs to catch up with the others!

Team:
Angel the Nidoking - level 44
Ender the Charizard - level 41
Valentine the Clefable - level 48
Andy the Raichu - level 42
Do I even have to list Ch'Ding at this point?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Bahh. I hate the Victory Road in R/S/E. So tedious. Well, we battled our friend Wally who all of a sudden got really strong and got a ton of new Pokemon since last time we met. He was pretty easy. We then made our way through the cave battling the strong trainers along the way. Man, some of them are a pain. They're good for training though. The wild Pokemon here stink though. Not much variety imo. Kept my repels on.

I beat all the trainers, made it out of Victory Road, and made it to the Pokemon League. I think I will train some more before going in. I find the Elite Four in Hoenn to be the hardest, (omfg Drake always destroys me), so I want to be prepared.

The sexy team:

260.png

Swampert Level 50

264.png

Linoone Level 49

182.png

Bellossom Level 48

178.png

Xatu Level 45

Spr_4d_351.png

Castform 45

Spr_3r_364.png

Sealeo Level 43

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
"Silph Co. saved by random trainer. Declares Clefable 'Awesome.'"

After saving Silph Co from Team Rocket, my stronger team of Pokemon were ready to take on Sabrina's Gym. Ender also took on the Fighting Dojo, and we chose Hitmonlee for our prize. Safely tucking Hitmonlee into the PC, we continued on our badge quest to Sabrina's Gym, where Val pretty much dominated the entire place. The sixth badge was an easy victory.

Because we're lazy, instead of traveling through the Seafoam Islands to get to Cinnabar, we just headed south from Pallet Town. Andy got in some good training for the first time in a while. All those Water types ready for the Thunderbolting. On Cinnabar Island, we dropped of the Dome Fossil to get it revived (and I keep forgetting to pick it up again). The Pokemon Mansion was waiting for us, but at this point on Thursday night, it was actually 2:30 Friday morning, so we decided to head to sleep and take on the Pokemon Mansion on Friday.

Or Saturday. We got through the maze of the mansion, taking on Burglars and Scientists in preparation for Blaine's Gym. Even before we picked up the secret key, Angel was ready for the challenge. He and Val worked together to get through Blaine's Gym, testing ourselves on really simple Pokemon knowledge. The fight against Blaine was a little difficult. His Arcanine got in a few good hits on Angel, but we managed to pull through. As soon as I stepped out of the Gym to heal my battered team, Bill appeared and asked if I wanted to spend time with him. Not now, Bill. Not now.

Ch'Ding helped by flying us back to Viridian City to get our final badge!

Every Pokemon on the team (except Ch'Ding for obvious reasons) fought in the last Gym. But again it was the team of Angel and Val to take on Giovanni. Rhyhorn falls easily to Surf, of course. And now we have all eight badges. Victory Road is the final goal, where I'll do some training in preparations for the Elite Four and the battle for Championship!

Team:
Angel the Nidoking - level 51
Andy the Raichu - level 47
Valentine the Clefable - level 52
Ender the Charizard - level 46

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Wow! Well that month went fast. Been so busy, but found some time to play more Emerald.

So, I defeated Sidney and Phoebe pretty easily. Now, stupid me, I was so obsessed with beating Drake and making sure I had something to take down his dragons, I completely overlooked the fact I had nothing on my team to easily take care of Glacia's ice types >.< Really wish I invested time into getting a fire type. So Glacia was a struggle. We pulled through though. Good news is that Sealeo evolved and I easily defeated Drake though! Thank you, Walrein n_n

Annnnd thats where I left off. The champ Mr. Wallace is next, but not worried about him at all. Just haven't had the time to play.

The team:

260.png

Swampert Level 53

264.png

Linoone Level 53

Spr_3r_365.png

Walrein Level 52

182.png

Bellossom Level 52

178.png

Xatu Level 50

Spr_4d_351.png

Castform Level 50

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
Started playing Pokemon Fire Red again the other day, just beat Misty and managed to get lucky and caught a Lv29 Dugtrio in Diglett's cave, I was actually looking for a Lv22 Diglett so that it didn't have as many levels to gain to catch up to my other pokemon, I'm going to go and attempt Lt.Surge's gym now.

My team:

Ivysaur Lv26 (gained about 4 levels grinding in Diglett's cave)
Gyarados Lv24
Fearow Lv24
Butterfree Lv24
Dugtrio Lv29

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
Years
I am currently doing a Nuzlocke of Leafgreen. I haven't lost any yet (mostly because I turn the game off. Bad I know). But I'm trying to name all the characters based on Nis and Kamen Rider Characters. It's been fun. Vert Jr. the bulbasuar has been kicking butt.

Boured

The Guildmaster
Years
Ah pokemon emerald first pokemon game I ever got back when I was 6 got 3 badges then my dad sold it for money WHY DAD WHY

Years
(Kanto Journal) - Anyone playing?

Is anyone playing Fire red or Leaf green? I am playing Fire red right now so if anyone is we can just gossip about stuff here. I am playing it casually, trying to catch everything I see and just enjoy the game. So yeah, if anyone else is playing you can post it here. Teams, stories, whatever you want ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Nope, unfortunately. ): I've played these games hundreds of times before, so wouldn't really be that enjoyable for me if I do again. Though, maybe it could be if I did some challenge run of sorts. Not sure which, though… maybe Nuzlocke? Haha.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Nah. Too boring. FireRed and LeafGreen's story are so boring, I don't feel like playing them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back