• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: (April Fools) Ash to retire from Pokémon anime

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Thing is, while it's not a bad joke, there were better options than saying Ash was being retired from the Anime:

Galar Pokemon leak(say a Leprechaun or other Pokémon native to UK for example. Would need help from artist community to pull this off)
    Galar final starter evolutions and typings(ongoing debate but it'd be massive clickbait)
    Serena returning as Galar main lead <- that would be clickbait x 9000. Iris or another former lead would also entice interest but none more than Serena due to UK's proximity to France(and hence speculation that she might return).

And so on... If Ash was going to be retired, they would have done it by now as I see it(right after winning Kalos as opposed to coming up short yet again or even earlier than that). Curious as to what the joke will be next year. Could try faking someone's death or announcing the engagement of two people? *Cough* Sheep and Bob *Cough*
    As Ash (the member) said, leaks for new game info is kinda predictable and done already to death without AF. As for Serena being a lead... I must confess I don't really follow the anime (contrary to any hints of that in the article), and so don't follow the fanbase trends so much.

I doubt anyone's death is going to be faked... and no pressure on that last one, huh?
    This would've been somewhat funny if it had been even slightly realistic or plausible, but as it stands this was a very lukewarm joke. 7.8/10 too much predictability.
    Each to their own - intention was not to be realistic though, given the whole mock press conference and all within the article.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    There's different ways to present a joke on April Fool's imo. There's the kind where you're actually trying to get people to take seriously and fool, while other kinds of jokes you don't take seriously from the state and it's just something fun to read/do on April Fools. This falls under the latter clearly with the caption, imo, but to each their own it's no big deal in the end. You either liked the article or you didn't.

Back