• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TEAM RATATA!!! need help please PO competitiv

gamefan1

Mystery Trainer
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    Yup my team is all about ratata Xd, so heres what i didi so far :

50 battle 32 wins-13 looses- 5 forfeit

on the 32 wins half of them are cause my oppenent forfeited the match XD

I want to improve my team im open to any change except FOR RATATA :P

heres what i hacve so far

Ratata

level: 1 Nature: Brave Item: Focus slash

Moveset: Quick attack - Sucker punch - Endeavor - protect

Ev'spred: Maxed attack

He's my lead.i only use most of the time endeavor then i swith pokemon

Bronzong

level: 100 Nature: Relaxed Item:occa berry Heat proof

Moveset: Trick room - Sustitute - Hypnosis - Zen headbutt

Ev'spred: 250 hp 154 attack 100 defence 4 sp.def

I use bronzong for trik room then hypnosis so i can bring back ratata once again XD

Vaporeon

level:100 Nature: Item: leftover

Moveset: surf - ice beam - Wish - Protect

Ev'spred: 250 hp 220 def 38 sp.def

I use vaporeon as a suicide Xd i use wish as the last mve then i bring ratata again.Since my ratata knows protect.

Snorlax

level:100 Nature: Item: lum berry

Moveset: Curse - Body slam - Selfdestruck - rest

Ev'spred: 188 hp 104 def 216 sp.def

he's my physicall sweeper, curse maxed out and selfdestruck can take 1HKO any pokemon.

Gengar

level:100 Nature:Timid Item: Choice band

Moveset: Trick - Shadow ball - Psychic - Destiny bond

Ev'spred: 252 speed 252 sp.attack 4 hp

I use gengar trick mostly for blissey or any pokemon that keeps on healing themself, so i can bring ratata once again XD.

My last spot is open i dont know who to use yet im currently using a sword dance shedinja with focus slash . Any help is welcome thx

level: Nature: Item:

Moveset: - - - -

Ev'spred:

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
    Years
  • mmm If you really want to keep ratatta alive and it comes out with 1HP it will die to entry hazards so... maybe a rapid spinner??

gamefan1

Mystery Trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    good idea ill try putting blastoise as a rapid spinner or maybe fortress thx

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • The attempt to pull off FEAR with Rattata is kind of iffy, because Clefairy does it so much better thanks to Magic Guard. Add Clefairy with a weather user like Tyranitar and you should be guaranteed to net a KO. In Gen 5, Level 1 Donphan can also pull it off thanks to Sturdy now being able to act as a Focus Sash and Shell Bell restoring health. Use the following set (i believe this is right):
    Donphan @ Shell Bell
    Adamant Nature- Sturdy
    252 Atk/meh
    0 HP IVs

Ice Shard
    Endeavor
    Filler
    Filler

Instead of sacrificing Vaporeon to supply wish, Clefairy/Donphan can work well with Leech Seed support. If this is Gen 4, Roserade and Celebi are your best bets. In gen 5, go with Ferrothorn or Whimsicott.

Bronzong and Gengar do not mix, especially with Bronzong utilizing Trick Room. I would drop Bronzong for Jirachi to spread paralysis support to help out Snorlax.

Gengar should not be tricking, no matter what. Anything that switches in on it has a Choice Band anyway.
    Gengar @ Life Orb
    Timid Nature- Levitate
    252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

Substitute
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    Pain Split

^ Much superior to a choice set, because you can Sub to scout for Pursuits and beat out Blissey and Tyranitar.

Snorlax wants Curse/Body Slam/ Fire Punch/ Rest. Selfdestructing a setup sweeper is never a good idea.

For a last Pokemon, I would pick something that sets up Spikes, since you already have a spinblocker in the form of Gengar. Forretress, Roserade, and Skarmory work in Gen 4, Ferrothorn and Doexys-S work in Gen 5. keep in mind that Deoxys will be your lead in Gen 5, not Clefairy.

So, overall, changes:

Gen 4 version:

Clefairy
    Snorlax
    Gengar
    Roserade/Celebi
    Tyranitar
    Jirachi/Skarmory/Forretress

Gen 5 Version:

Deoxys-S
    Ferrothorn (can provide Spikes, Seed, and T-Wave support)
    Gengar
    Donphan
    Snorlax
    Tyranitar

Hope that helped!

Last edited:
    Back