• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Hey everybody.
So my barely younger brother's birthday is coming up, and i'm still deciding what i (we really because my parents want a say in the present) should get him. So what should i get him? He is going to be 15 but i'm not sure if he likes pokemon or not. What should we get him?? :| Oh and the 'budget' is about $200.

Don't know if it's a bit late, but I was searching eBay and found something pretty awesome: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171100613129?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

It's a Pokemon Red Cartridge modiefied into a USB apparently aha, I'm not too keen but I thought I would share :)

ErikaInRainbowCity

Everyday I'm Tumblin'
Years
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2013
Brisbane Pokemon fans needed for a Pokemon film shoot

I'm a film school student in Brisbane, Australia who's after any preferably advanced Bris Pokemon fans, whom we'd want to be in a Pokemon themed film shoot we intend doing for our project semester project.

We'd want any fans with either any Pokemon toys they'd want to nbring along and/or any costumes. At this stage, we don't know when the shoot would be, but it'd definitely be on a weekend day. Please private message me, if you're in Bris and would be interested.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I wish I could help ^ but alas, I am an ocean away from Australia :(

This thread is p ignored :( Uhmm, so how's Gen 6 coming along?

/lameattempttorevivethread

Years
Zeffy said:
This thread is p ignored :( Uhmm, so how's Gen 6 coming along?

/lameattempttorevivethread
The Pokemon General DCC is in one of those odd places. Most other boards' Chit-Chat threads serve as a place to talk about topics that aren't really discussion based, but unlike most boards, we have a specific sub-forum dedicated to just that. But our DCC has just enough activity to warrant it staying around, thus the semi-active spot it's currently in. And I haven't been following Gen 6 news enough to even talk about that :(

Also, since this is the best spot for it, I figured I'd share some pictures that my cousin took while we were at the Pokemon World Championships in Vancouver last weekend. If it hadn't been for the fact that it was only a short way away from where I live, I probably wouldn't have gone, but it was quite the spectale seeing thousands of Pokemon fans all in the same place at the same time. And just a heads up, the pictures are kind of big, so I've double-spoilered them to keep them all organized.

Spoiler:

I doubt that the World Championships come back to Vancouver in the future, but it was nice being able to experience the sights and sounds of an event dedicated entirely to Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I doubt that the World Championships come back to Vancouver in the future, but it was nice being able to experience the sights and sounds of an event dedicated entirely to Pokemon.
Awesome ;; There is never anything like this in my town and even if there was I doubt I'd go there haha. But it would be cool.

Junichi Masuda, what is his role again? Pardon my lack of knowledge about the creators of Pokémon.

Also gen 6 is coming along great imo ;) I want to see what other pokémon get the fairy typing, and the Mega forms are very interesting.

Years
Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers said:
Junichi Masuda, what is his role again? Pardon my lack of knowledge about the creators of Pokémon.
He was one of the three founders of Game Freak, and is currently the head of development for the main series games. He was also the composer for many of the original soundtracks right back to Red and Green (and I believe he still works in this role, too).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh, that's where I remember his name from! I like his tunes. All the road music in Kanto and Johto, right?

There are some pretty good tracks in recent games too, especially when technology allows them to be more advanced with more instruments than blip blop. But the most memorable and pokémon-epic ones are still the route tunes from Kanto imo. And some from Johto. Maybe it's nostalgia playing a role in this, but I do think so. Seriously, remembering a thread in PGC where someone said it was difficult to come back to the old games after playing in Unova, part of what makes the older games so special is the music.

Such as:

Spoiler:

I didn't much like their remade versions in FR/LG. And I haven't played HG/SS enough to listen much to the music, haha. I probably should!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
The music gets better every generation imo. My favorite tracks are always changing, but one that I've always enjoyed is the National Park theme.

Spoiler:

And if I went to the World Championships, I would've been distracted by the cruise ships the entire time lol. I'd find a way to sneak in :P

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Epic Must see POKEMON MONTAGE!

Hey guys I found this epic pokemon montage. Some guy made 151 different people say the name of 1 original pokemon. and made a montage. I joined just to share it! ANY TRU POKEMON FAN WILL LOVE THIS! I don't know how to embed but I'll try.

Youtube search "All 151 ORIGINAL POKEMON ON CHATROULETTE EPISODE #3"

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well, that was certainly interesting. I think this is more epic though ;)

EDIT: I stumbled upon something and I've just gotta ask.

fleshy-bows.png

Do you think they are? O.o Considering Cubone's bone and Farfetch'd's leek isn't made of flesh but apparently part of the pokémon, and same with Tropius' fruit which you can apparently eat, etc.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Haha! They could may as well be furry tails, to be honest. If they were just flesh covered with skin, I'd ... *shrug*

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Maybe they are flesh until partway up and then they just...... taper off into ribbon-y feeling material?

Wobbu

Years
I'd imagine that its bows are made of flesh. Mainly because they match its fur color.

What about Hitmonchan, Throh, Sawk, and others that are wearing clothes? Are they actually clothes or flesh?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
What about Hitmonchan, Throh, Sawk, and others that are wearing clothes? Are they actually clothes or flesh?
Waaah that is even more strange. I'm wondering, are they born with their clothes on? :x

And for that matter - Machoke's power belt. Does it appear automatically when it evolves from Machop? It's dex entry (or maybe it was the TCG flavor text) said that it had to wear it because it couldn't control its muscles otherwise haha.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
That is super adorable! I would want that for my own kid. In a future where I get one, haha.

But since this will most likely just get comments saying that and some, rather than discussing it, I'll move this to the Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat thread. You can reply there if someone comments on your pictures.

If anybody wonders, I traced the picture to this deviantart.

-merged

Wobbu

Years
Someone has dressed their baby as Squirtle, this is adorable!

I think I know what I'll get my nephew for Christmas this year ;)

And for that matter - Machoke's power belt. Does it appear automatically when it evolves from Machop? It's dex entry (or maybe it was the TCG flavor text) said that it had to wear it because it couldn't control its muscles otherwise haha.

Maybe the belt is also made of flesh...
The games should explain how these Pokémon obtain their apparel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back