• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merovin

Dragon Master!
Years
Yay 200th post for Oddyssey!
Sent you the maps via pm. :)

@ ke14nt
You asked what emulator you needed to play it, emulators play roms, which for a game project would be hacked, therefor implying you meant a hack.
So mabye you should be careful of waht you type first?

Go back and read the topic and you will learn there is no demo as of yet.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
No need to go crazy, it's not really a big deal. And I said IF you thought it was a hack, because you asked what emulator you need to play this game. Like bob5000 said, emulators are for ROM hacks.

I apologise if I sounded rude, but I just assumed you were one of those annoying people who assumed fangames were hacks.

ke14nt

king of Kingz
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2012
@ Houndoomed and bob5000..

hey guyz.. im sorry if i'd used the word emulator.. i didnt thouht that it would be a great deal to you..
since im playing my pokemon games in my pc with a use of an emulator such as VBA.. i thought that what i meant from waht i have type was "if this game is playable in a pc not in a game boy what tool should i used to play this one". that's why i used the word emulator..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
from what i've understand from the word emulator it is like an imitation of another thing.. just like in gameboy we have an imitation of it that is why some people can play it in their pc..and in our place it is called gameboy emulator..
that's why i used the word emulator..
--- and BTW
i've used the word emulator because they call VBA as an emulator..

Hey guys i'm sorry..just want to explain myself..

Waudby

Not many updates on the game at the moment. Haven't had enough time to sit and take a good shot at it, hopefully work will carry on soon, at least mapping perhaps.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
Amazing

Alright man, all I got to say is W-O-W. Your game is amazing. The maps are put together so well, and just the feel of the game is great. The battle engine is great, and the way all the scripts work are, like I said before, amazing.

I myself can't wait for the full release of this game. And to the people who may have thought little about this game, think again. This game is great, and as beta tester for this game, I'm completely blown away.

This game shows how sphere, in my opinion, is the best game creating engine out there. There are so many possibilities with sphere, that it just bypasses all the other engines out there.

Awesome man, amazingly awesome

Waudby

A small update with some new interior graphics, it's showing off the PokéGuild.

screenshot200805291620410316.png

screenshot200805291620430289.png

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
You appear to have spelled enroll wrong. :P

Nice update; I love the tiles!

Waudby

Obviously, at the moment the game does look liek a clone of the official games. Which I guess is a good thing, interior tiles are now being updated for the game.

Once I am happy with all the basic systems being done, I will start adding my own touch to the game with newer features and ideas. As well as delving deeper with the back story of the Everglade region.

So far I have planned about 100 Guild Missions for the player to do during the cause of the first region.

Subsequent regions will be released at a later date.

EDIT:

I have just finished mapping out the basic stuff for Everglade's National Park, ready for the bug catching contest :D

It started of fairly small, but slowly the map grew and there's now some cool little pathways for when the player has cut and surf, helps to keep the player going back for more :P

screenshot200806021347140072.png
screenshot200806021350360584.png

screenshot200806021350510077.png
screenshot200806021352370232.png

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Cool so also whens the beta coming?! i need good playing sooon! Nah kidding. Um nice park. I wanna know though how big is the beta/demo if your ading so much?

Waudby

So far the demo has, 3 Towns/ Cities, 4 Routes, a Forest, and now National Park, plus interiors for each.

I will do maybe another route and then another town with a gym, and then the demo size will be finished, then I will need to fill in all the missing details and what not.

Looking good Waudby ^.^
Do you have the water animated yet?

Not at the moment, I'm getting all the mapping down and then focus on the finer details like animations.

Waudby

I based the National Park on the one from johto, with a few changes to it though.

I miss the feeling of johto because it felt less linear to the rest of the games so far.

I'm trying to bring a certain open endness to the game.

Waudby

Been working on some more maps, but I got really distracted by the new Route I have made.

It's a huge route with different terrains, it's got a very open feel, with a few different possible ways through it, and some extras thta will only be available after progressing far enough and collecting certain HM's.

So here I present, Route 05 :D

screenshot200806042228340623.png

screenshot200806042228420708.png

screenshot200806042229020011.png

screenshot200806042229280575.png

screenshot200806042229400540.png

It's hard to tell the size through a screen shot, but it is big for a pokémon map, 76x70.

What's this, underground air vents :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back