• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HxD help

Years
So, i know how to expand the pokémon available in advance map, the nly problem is HxD. When i go to offset D027C, instead it shows D0270, and FC apparently is D027C. I don't know what to do with this, and i'm pretty new to this stuff, so i was wondering if anyone could help

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 14, 2020
I have a problem pretty similar to yours. Most likely HxD then, or do we both use Leon's and UltimaSoul's Rombase?

Years
What seems to be the problem again?
What do you want to do with your ROM?

I used Leon's fire red base to expand the number of pokémon in the game. Since i want to change the locations of each pokémon, i need to do this with advance map. The problem is, advance map only has room for 386 pokémon. Now, with a hex editor (in my case, HxD), i can change this so it allows more pokémon. You've got to go to the offset D027C, where you change 9C 01 for whatever number of pokemon you want. Now, here comes what my problem is. When i go to offset D027C, instead of showing that offset, it shows D0270, and is pointed to a certain byte (FC) which is D027C. I hope this explains my problem better

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
Years
I used Leon's fire red base to expand the number of pokémon in the game. Since i want to change the locations of each pokémon, i need to do this with advance map. The problem is, advance map only has room for 386 pokémon. Now, with a hex editor (in my case, HxD), i can change this so it allows more pokémon. You've got to go to the offset D027C, where you change 9C 01 for whatever number of pokemon you want. Now, here comes what my problem is. When i go to offset D027C, instead of showing that offset, it shows D0270, and is pointed to a certain byte (FC) which is D027C. I hope this explains my problem better

Are you looking at the sidebar?
Let me tell you something about HXD: Each offset listed on the side are all offsets sorted by 16 bytes per line, (by default). The real offset you're on is listed at the bottom.
If your trying to add Pokemon manually, I wouldn't recommend it. I would use PGE to expand mons, it does everything for you.

Last edited:
Years

Thats the horizontal sidebar.
If you look at the top of your HxD, you'll see : 00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F.

For simplicity, please just click CTRL+G in your HxD and type D027C.
It will immediately take you to your desired offset.
Location of the offset which you currently navigate can be checked in the lower left of your HxD.

Last edited:
Years
Thats the horizontal sidebar.
If you look at the top of your HxD, you'll see : 00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,0A,0B,0C,0D,0E,0F.

For simplicity, please just click CTRL+G in your HxD and type D027C.
It will immediately take you to your desired offset.
Location of the offset which you currently navigate can be checked in the lower left of your HxD.

GUYS, sorry for being late to reply, but i'm not looking at the sidebar :(
It's looking something like this. After D0270 there isn't a D027C, it tells me D027C is the FC that's in there. I can't seem to find a way to change this so it shows me D027C on the sidebar...

https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=88979&stc=1&d=1567296327

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 20.03.19.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 20.03.19.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back